Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wouldn't mind seeing $1500 for it, but make some offers.

PaulH and Aireeca, give us your honest opinions.

Extras that the car comes with is a large trunk of confusing shitty parts. A set of Incas with no tires, 6 TRX wheels with TRX tires YAY! A incredibly well painted sunroof panel, with brand new rubber gasket just waiting fo upholstry and re ass embly.

Car does not have a headliner panel, or the rear sail pan panels, and the interior out of a 82ish 900.

Car does run and drive terrifically, but for a long trip, you may wanna bring your pre 87 wheels with decent tires.

Pic of the car as required.
More here.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=85945&id=1549551490&l=88a1ee6642
Located in Northern VA, DC suburbs.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Wow! The '79 has really changed in the last 24 hours.

I was impressed by the fact that it started after sitting for two weeks. First time, sounded real good, too.

It's probably not show car quality and a mildly good candidate for a restoration. However, if there's someone out there with a soft spot in their head for that generation of Saab, it's an incredibly rare one and would make a good running about car with some proper tires and all.

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
My sales lady at Kelly Cadillac-Saab had me email pics to her, she said 2 techs might be interested in it too.
What this? A Saab dealer with Saab enthusiastic techs? Hmmmm - are they hiring and willing to pay reasonably? lol I'd go back to be a Saab tech in a heart beat for the right pay. I'd much rather open up my own doors - but at the same time, much easier to do the work undersomeone elses roof :)

·
7,595 Posts
but at the same time, much easier to do the work undersomeone elses roof :)
Then you won't make the big bucks... working for someone else... Sure, it's playing it safe, it's a sure fire pay-check with benefits but the guy running the show is the one getting the big check at the end of the day - if he's doing it right. It's risky business getting something started from nothing, but if it works out you could be making 6 figures take-home easy. EPL net income this year is probably going to be close to 300K, and I do nothing but sell used car parts on ebay. Net, mind you, and I have a crap-load of expenses but it works out for positive obviously. I did just write a check for a new car :lol: could have bought 2.5 of em actually with the "working money" in EPL's checking account, but that would be silly.

We will be expanding into the used car market eventually- if things go well, and I see no reason why they would not, I will need someone to clean / detail, & help find, acquire & work on the cars if you are interested. We have the tow rig, the facility, the room, start-up cash, the notary on staff- just need the license, a good 2-car trailer and some cars! ;) Could make quite a bit of money if done properly.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Wow. Didn't hang on to that one very long. GLWS.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I'm not hard up to sell it, but figure with payments on the 9-5 I should give up the potential of having a large fix it bill on the 79.

Definately keepin the SPG.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
pictures of said car?

personally not interested in buying it, but I'd love to see it. I'm sure everyone else would too.

EDIT

Nevermind....the pics wouldn't load for me yesterday. I see the light now. thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interested...and curious: Does the A/C work? Any weeping at the H2O pump? Engine compression OK?

Kinda confused too: Do you have the fiberglass headliner form/'board' or no? You're FB pics show one, or is that a generic pic found on the 'net?...Wondering if the good one out of my '78 will fit it. Windshield area is different, just don't know how much...

And the C-pillar sails fiberglass are AWOL, yes? Those are pretty much unobtanium.

Got any pics of the interior? Any rust?

Your car would make up for my fiasco with the Infamous 5dr that GM eventually bought from its next owner and used for their 5dr restoration (which is now in the hands of Bill Jacobsen, IIRC)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts