Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at swapping the 630's out early next year (Jan) for some 750's if we find the car running a bit lean. Whats the part number I should look for when getting the new injectors? I've looked on the Maptun site and they have a photo on display with 'SL4' on them:

Fuel injectors 750 cc - Maptun Performance

....but a quick search on RC's website have the 'SL' ones going to a max cc of 650, then they list the 750cc ones as 'SH4' so chances are its just a library photo Maptun have listed.

Am I right in thinking I need to go for High Impedance injectors for the 9000 which are 'Saturated' and not 'Peak & Hold' which I think are Low Impedance?

Product Categories

Also (50/50 here!!) I think I need the 'Bosch' style top and not the 'Denso' style?

So I've narrowed it down to what I think its one of these 2 below, top one I think is a Bosch style but need to confirm:
Saturated Injector SH4-0750
Saturated Injector SH4-0750D (Denso style top)

Do these 750's suffer from the same rough idling that I get with the 630's?
Any help appreciated here as I'm stuck :confused:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, im fitting a GT3076R next week and the plan now is to get it above 500. I'll get it dyno'd with the 630's first and see how everything is. Just thinking about the safety factor.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
You shouldn't be running rough at idol, are you writing your own tune? What else is on your set up? We need more details please. Sounds like you have a real nice project going on

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, the rough idling started to happen after fitting the 630's and new cams, both got fitted around the same time so hard to tell which is causing it. Or it could be something completely different!

At the moment the cars got the 630's, Walbro pump, Abbott 243 cams, Aerodyte 3" DP, full Abbott system and GT28RS etc....usual stuff really.

All thats being swapped next week is the turbo for the GT3076R and fit the Volvo valve springs, and then getting it dyno'd before changing anything else. Plan for this one is to get it over 500bhp...wouldn't mind getting the maximum I can out of this turbo to just experience it for a while then tone things down a bit if its ruined the drivability, cant drive at 150mph all the time!! So after the Dyno the plan is to fit the 750's (if needed) and look at the cam timing to try and find a happy medium between high numbers and still responsive enough to drive. Then change the manifold for a tubular, fit the N/A manifold thats been sat in the garage for 8 months, and finally get the head gas flowed in the summer when I've got the free cash! Really looking forward to this now as its a load more power than I've got at the moment, its quick enough now but this turbo came up so had to try it :twisted:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a set from the states for $250 shipped to the UK. These are the SL4-750 that Maptun still have on the website but have now been replaced by the newer SH4-750 that can handle 70psi instead of the SL4's 65psi.
Bosch topped, Saturated (High Impedance) injectors. Headache over.....
Basically these were 1/2 the price on what Maptun charge so bit of a result there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.