Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im comming up on 60k on my aero, think its time to change the plugs and a few other things.

so far i thought of-
Spark Plugs
Cabin Air Filter
Air Filter (might just upgrade to bsr intake)
Tire Rotation

never had a car with so few miles anything else i should have looked at/changed?

edit* can anyoe change the title? guess thats what i get for rushing...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Serpentine belt and tensioner.

Echo the Harv on that drain - you will need a (I think, sizes might be wrong) 10mm hex key / socket bit to get the drain / level tube out, and a 12mm hex and a BIG breaker bar to break the fill plug loose, which is sort of up under the battery. When the fill plug breaks loose there are lots of awesome sharp things to bang your knuckes into, I lost some skin on one hand twice, and once was through a pair of work gloves.

Best,
Drew

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brake Fluid, Transmission oil or ATF if its an Auto. The Auto's are Hell to drain & Fill.
its a manual

Serpentine belt and tensioner.

Echo the Harv on that drain - you will need a (I think, sizes might be wrong) 10mm hex key / socket bit to get the drain / level tube out, and a 12mm hex and a BIG breaker bar to break the fill plug loose, which is sort of up under the battery. When the fill plug breaks loose there are lots of awesome sharp things to bang your knuckes into, I lost some skin on one hand twice, and once was through a pair of work gloves.

Best,
Drew
haha will keep in mind :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
so im comming up on 60k on my aero, think its time to change the plugs and a few other things.

so far i thought of-
Spark Plugs
Cabin Air Filter
Air Filter (might just upgrade to bsr intake)
Tire Rotation

never had a car with so few miles anything else i should have looked at/changed?

edit* can anyoe change the title? guess thats what i get for rushing...
I took mine to Harvey's Autohaus. It was easier to write the check. Plus he gave me a great shortcut for replacing the rear brake rotors. Now that's service.

·
Registered
141 Posts
regarding the BSR intake, it has been on back order since early june. Ive been waiting patiently!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,065 Posts
Remove engine install 4 cylinder unit - service complete :)

Spark plugs are fun on those.... good time to port and polish that intake lol

Filters are nice - oh wait Gm doesn't believe in a serviceable fuel filter anymore - it's part of the fuel pump! What a great idea, those never get dirty anyways.....

Tire rotate "should" be done every oil change or 5,000 miles (which ever comes first) according to Saab/Pirelli I like the every other oil change method based on the 3-5K oil change intervals.

Coolant is a good one being as "Long Life Dex Cool" is good for about 60K.....

Power Steering fluid - it's the CHF full synthetic green stuff - pricey, but the pumps cost more and that fluid gets gross fast!

Brake Fluid - another Missed service often - good to change it all out (flush) every 60K or so. Good time to add some performance approved fluid too for higher boiling point over stock/standard fluid.

Cabin Air Filter - these are cake and cheap too - should be done every 15K I think it was. Most never get changed until 60K and are sooo clogged it's amazing the car doesn't stink.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Last month my roommate scheduled a 60k service at the local dealer for his 06 9-3 aero, got a call saying they had no plugs or belt in stock. Ended up with a $200 oil change and tire rotation(4 new summers had been installed 2 weeks prior)
P.S. After that experience it became real obvious that maybe I should maintain this car instead (I only charge $175 for oil change and unnecessary tire rotation..lol)

·
Registered
941 Posts
$200 oil change and tire rotation? Seriously?

That's why I do it myself... Oil (2.0T = 6.3 QTS Mobil 1 = $34ish, Oil Filter = $10) $44 total
Plus one hour worth of work... On the floor in my garage without a fancy lift or impact wrench...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.