Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 659 Posts

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Its coming soon or the car is blowing up.

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you replied before I even posted hahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
those are really short runners, id be interested to see the results on the dyno..

however, it is pretty awsome either way

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not any shorter than stock ones on a 9k Aero.

Look at the size of the plenum. :)

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
thats pretty massive, what are you running for a TB? i do need to brush up on my manifold theory,, however i was under the impression that longer runners would yield more torque??

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
thats pretty massive, what are you running for a TB? i do need to brush up on my manifold theory,, however i was under the impression that longer runners would yield more torque??
Correct longer=more torque

Shorter= better for horsepower on top.

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Longer runners basically are good for lower eng torque. This manifold is going to go with a built motor in the very near future so its not built for a stock 9000 motor.

The TB is a little over 3" and is an aftermarket bolt on for a Mustang. Its welded onto the 4" plenum and a 3" IC piping with a silicone coupler. The coupler is being replaced by a custom joint as soon as its finished being made. (your all going to love this little aluminum joint/coupler too!! its STUPID AWESOME!) The TB is also attatched to a custom throttle cable.

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kaylan...just want to make sure I'm informed....that engine in the pic still has 100% stock internals...right?
Yes. Stock from the factory except the new OEM head gasket I just installed with new OEM head bolts. ;)

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im busy. :(

Just got home from Cali, worked for a week 12hr days, did the saab event, workin for two days, sweden for a week, work for 5 12hr days, then goin to cali, then workin, drag school, working, AZ.

:(

My car gets finished somewhere in there? Im trying. *cries*

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Kaylan, Save up some money, and get a good camera will ya? Its not fair to those of us who cant be there.

On second though.......put the $$ it into the aero.

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kaylan, Save up some money, and get a good camera will ya? Its not fair to those of us who cant be there.

On second though.......put the $$ it into the aero.
It was a camera phone pic from someone down at the shop after I had left.

Why are you going to cali so much? Drag school?....thats drag RACING right?
Was in cali for the NHRA winternationals and im goin to bakersfield for more racing and yeah a drag racing school for top alcohol cars.

1 - 20 of 659 Posts