Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am within my last 1000 miles before i hit 60k, and i know i don't need a timing chain/belt (not sure which we have never bothered to look) mine had some problems and was replaced around 53k before i bought it, but i was wondering what else is going to done at 60k? i was wondering if anyone has a list of everything thats done and do the work myself, then have my mech check it over after i am done. Thanks in advance.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I believe there's a 60k service list located in your owner's manual. It has a check list of the actual things that need to be gone over or replaced. Its located in the back of the manual.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
At 60K miles, my 97 900SE needed a new intermediate flex pipe (these corrode quickly in the Northeast) and new front pads and rotors. I've heard from other folks on the forum that the exhaust system components tend to start showing their age at that point, especially if the car is driven where road salt is applied in the winters.

Engine internals should be fine, although you should probably check all hoses for any soft spots by using your fingers along the length of the hose.

It's probably not a bad time to renew/flush the gearbox oil/tranny fluid (I can't remember if there's an internal filter you should also change)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah i went out and checked my manual and it said that i should also be replacing the fuel filter, so i know you have to pull the fuse for the pump, disconnect the battery but would someone know more about how to change the actual filter? Honestly i am not too sure on its location really, or the cabin air filter for that matter.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
This is what I did.

1) Pull the fuel pump fuse.

2) Run the car until it cuts out (gets rid of the gas in line to minimize spilling). No need to disconnect the battery...just creats a pain if you don't have your Radio Code.

3) Locate the fuel filter (in front of the passenger rear tire underneath the car...follow the fuel lines on the passenger side, back to it).

4) Remove the filter and install the new one.

5) Replace the fuse.

6) Start the car. It may take a little longer than normal to turn over since the lines are empty.

Its pretty easy overall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts