Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got my 6 speed gearbox repaired today together with the rear suspension. It works like a charm but the real test will be tomorrow as I am leaving it in the snow to really cool down. Did anyone else here do the same repairs on the 6 speed box ? as I do not think it will fix the issue.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Its always the 6 speed that has problems, never the 5 speed. I think the 5 speed is Japanese (Mitsubishi?). Any idea what the 6 speeds origins are?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
What was wrong with it? I know our 5 speed trannys are having a lot of problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started my car this morning, we have around +-0 degrees here and I left the car outside. First gear no problem, second gear sounds like the sync rings where in the glove compartment and impossible to gear down to first again without stopping the car and wait for 5 seconds. :evil:

Need to call the repair guys again !!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing is that I wouldn't mind double clutching on a old SAAB 96 or something like that BUT not in a brandnew car. I'm doing it at the moment but only until they found a fix, if there is no fix I will retun the car and get a Audi or something :cry:

·
Registered
51 Posts
what kind of negitive effect would it have on a new car?

Also, the 04 model (at least in my case) have none of the problems that seem to plaque the 03.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the main issue for me as it's more or less impossible to get first and second gear in if you are not standing still....you can imagine what kind of problems you can get into....both in terms of safety and needless to say it can be a little embarrassing as well :wink:

When it happened the first time I got flashed for driving against red as I rolled over the stop line in 5km while trying to get the gear in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had the same problem on an '04 aero that i test drove. i thought it was me. i took it in a parking lot and tried to get the gears down but nothing.

it is a big safety issue IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts