Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after I got my car running correctly finally, my roommate and I were talking to a friend who has an automatic foxbody. My roommate was explaining just how fast my car now was (base 9-3 with td04 swap and stg 2 tune). So later that night it just so happened that my roommate and I were in my car next to our friend and his girlfriend in his mustang. We went from about 25, and I walked away like he was standing still. In his defense the gearing in my car is much better than his for the type of race we had.

The best part, however, was when we arrived where we were going. My roommate and I decided we weren't going to give him too much crap about losing. Well when we got to Taco Bell it was closed, and our friend says to my roommate, "maybe if you didn't take forever getting ready we would have made it," and my roommate immediately turns to him and says, "maybe if your car wasn't so SLOW we would have made it." :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Niiiice.... I should put my Saab up against my Mustang when the Mustang is drivable. Stock to stock. I have no doubt the Saab would win, my Mustang is 44 years old.....so a few of the ponies have probably died by now...:mrgreen: I need some power bumps on BOTH of my cars! :D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
My old 300K+ 9000 used to dominate a late Foxbody 5.0 with cam, intake and exhaust on the turn pike from 40mph roll and 60mph rolls. I would just pull on that thing like crazy and by time I was 4-6 cars ahead I'd back off :) never needed to break 110mph either. Those 5.0's sound nice when done right, and they haul ASS off the line from a stop, but rolling - they are dogs when matched to an 16PSI 2.0L with 300K :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.