Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that is the question....

Looking for input or comments relative to upgrading my brake system to stop the beast. Other than modified rotors...want more clamping force.

Would any of you recommend the 4 or 6 puc system as a good brake upgrade? I'm looking to upgrade my front and rear brake calipers/pistons/rotors..., and was thinking that I would be forced to buy pads exclusively from the vendor that provided the brake system to me; and on that same line, wondering if the pads are going to be more difficult to find, should the vendor stop selling the performance brake system..

If anyone in the DC area is interested... I could use some help putting it together, and documenting with photos when I decide, cause I'm sure it will be a learning experience to some degree.

regards

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey,

I wouldn't mind helping out. I''ve done a couple pad/ rotor changes already. The back however i'm unaware of. I think this would be good for another tutorial.

To answer your question though, i've personally never heard of a puc breaking system.. I've only heard of clutches having pucs. Someone enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i am pretty sure he means pistons as well and i would venture to say that 4 piston calipers are more htan enough on the front and for the rear just get larfer rotors and new caliper brackets if possible...

another thing u could do is just buy viggen bakcing plates and rotors for the front and thats that.. all set

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Prolly means pistons...but keep your shorts on, I think something is on the horizon. 8)
like what? something comparable to the Brembo GT kit that will not cost 2G's? Cause I really would like some fancy pants brakes.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
AP racings 4 pistons are what like 1.5k? too much for me...stainlesssteel lines and good pads will do it for me!.....but if they were cheap i would think about it...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blaque_Out said:
Hey,

I wouldn't mind helping out. I''ve done a couple pad/ rotor changes already.
sounds like a plan Blaque...are you here in DC now...I just noticed your Avatar...showing KC, and DC.

located ... some six pucs (pistons)....here.

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/wp_pro.php

I also noticed an upgrade using Willow's, 4 piston style, but looks like adapters or universal kit for the rotors.

Was only able to find the rear on Taliferro's site...have to do some more looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts