Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3rd Annual Kaleidescope Car Show St Cloud MN

This is taken from another forum I'm on.
I would love to see other Saab'ers here to support a good cause!!!!

"Hey guys, some of you have already attend this event and well, here it is again! This year I hope to expand the show in many new directions, including the possible chance of some motorcycle stunt tricks! The show will not be taking place in the same location, but the new location allows for a MUCH larger area, and the lot will be all our own!

For those that don't know, all the proceeds from this event are donated to a fund to help construct a playground here in St. Cloud at Wilson Park. It is 99% accessible (yep, even wheel chairs!). As of right now, the playground has been constructed, but the most expensive part of the playground is all that we have left. It is the rubber surfacing that is needed to make it as accessible as possible. This year, Bremer Bank in St. Cloud has given the group a 100% match grant of up to $50,000! That means if the class makes $50,000, Bremer will MATCH it, giving the class another $50,000! However, if the class were to only make $30,000, Bremer will only give them $30,000, so the more you donate, the more the class gets! Let's get together and make this happen guys! All cars that come can apply to show, you will not be laughed at, no matter if your driving a Buick or Lambo! Bikes will also be able to show this year, and we plan on having awards for car show categories and bikes.

Date: Saturday, May 30th

Times: Registration/Check-in will start at 10am, and the show will be open at noon, we will hand out awards at 3-3:30ish, and after that it's all up to you on what you want to do. Stand around and kick tires, or Cruise St. Cloud's Division Street and get some grub!

Costs: $5 to enter, and will get you a sheet to place in your wind-sheild for judging. Bikes will get a similar sheet to tape or put on their bike.

Link to a map of the location

Link to original thread.
http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82609

Feel free to ask about any other details not mentioned.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i wouldnt consider my car show worthy, but this is for a good cuase, is this show cars only?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's for anyone. My friend entered his 1990 Lebaron Landau the first year.....
I'll be there in my 9000, and would like to see other Saabs there as well.
It's cheap, and there will be awards/prizes for many different categories.
And it's for a good cause!!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow, I'm only an hour from St. Cloud. I could easily make it down in the Viggen if you want another Saab. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear guys.
Where's Palmer, jk, GA and Amish Geek?
I'm not sure of his name, but he has a place in Upsala and has a rally 99, he needs to bring that out there.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I know if the show, but I can't say yet if it would be possible for me to make it or not.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good. Just keep me posted and I can have spots reserved for just for TSL members, but only if enough are going to attend.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts