Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hands weren't even cold. I had to wash off 1,000 miles of grime from my trip. There is still alot of snow of the ground. The roads are mostly wet now. I think I shouldn't of washed the car. The whole front end is pitted up from the trip :cry: There are a couple new chips on the hood. The lower Vector spolier took most of the beaten. The paint is not smooth at all. Lucky I don't plan on keeping this car more then two years. :lol:

All you Vector/Aero drivers out there. How is your front spoiler doing? Its so low to the ground, there is no way to keep it chip free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Finklejag said:
My hands weren't even cold. I had to wash off 1,000 miles of grime from my trip. There is still alot of snow of the ground. The roads are mostly wet now. I think I shouldn't of washed the car. The whole front end is pitted up from the trip :cry: There are a couple new chips on the hood. The lower Vector spolier took most of the beaten. The paint is not smooth at all. Lucky I don't plan on keeping this car more then two years. :lol:

All you Vector/Aero drivers out there. How is your front spoiler doing? Its so low to the ground, there is no way to keep it chip free.
Wash it with dishsoap to get out all the wax, etc. Then clay bar it. That will make the paint smooth again. Then wax/polish it up and she will be as good as new. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
I washed mine in 38* yesterday too (38*C = 100*F :D ). I'm also starting to get chips on the bonnet/hood. Some real deep ones too :( . As for the spoiler, its getting a beating from all the curbing I seem to run aground on. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just did the

Wash
Clay
Menzerna polish...with a Porter cable
P21S GEPC.....with a Porter cable
P21S wax

Before I left.

Its pitted. So the clay bar won't do a thing. Its just car. I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pitted adj 1.Characterized by pits. 2. Having the pit removed.

I guess I made that word up. :p The surface is rough to the touch. A bunch of little rock chips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
In Germany you are not even allowed to wash your car athome, you need to go to a car wash thingy wingy and they are only opened from 8-22 and Mon to Sat

Need to take it back to Sweden for a real rub :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saba said:
I washed mine in 38* yesterday too (38*C = 100*F :D ). I'm also starting to get chips on the bonnet/hood. Some real deep ones too :( . As for the spoiler, its getting a beating from all the curbing I seem to run aground on. :(
I have never curbed the front spoiler. When I changed the oil. I was looking at all the damage under the spoiler. I don't know were I got all those scrapes from. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
All you Vector/Aero drivers out there. How is your front spoiler doing? Its so low to the ground, there is no way to keep it chip free.
Aside from the various scrapes caused by real steep parking lot entrances and the one time I managed to pop the spoiler out from the bumper (snapped it right back in), I would say ok. Yeah, the bottom of the spoiler is taking a beating, but "out of sight, out of mind".

Well, I got bigger problems. It seems that my car (once again) was scratched in my garage. This time, it's a small (but visible) one on the passenger side front door (same side as the last time). The building says they are not responsible. It is obviously someone in the building, although I can't imagine who. I thought about the EX but dismissed it quickly, she's not that kinda person (she doesn't live here). One things for sure, I need to get the heck out of this apartment complex.

Chris, can I borrow a gun? :twisted: If I ever catch the SOB I'll fucking wring his neck! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
The garage doesn't have a camera?
No, cheap bastards. :twisted:

Do you have assign parking?
Yes, we have assigned spaces. The same people park next to me for a number of years. Funny how my 3000GT and my Acura were never touched. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Finklejag said:
My hands weren't even cold. I had to wash off 1,000 miles of grime from my trip. There is still alot of snow of the ground. The roads are mostly wet now. I think I shouldn't of washed the car. The whole front end is pitted up from the trip :cry: There are a couple new chips on the hood. The lower Vector spolier took most of the beaten. The paint is not smooth at all. Lucky I don't plan on keeping this car more then two years. :lol:

All you Vector/Aero drivers out there. How is your front spoiler doing? Its so low to the ground, there is no way to keep it chip free.
Hey Finkle:
Just curious, you spent like $5000 on the mods on your current 9-3 SS, most of which are specific to the 9-3, are you thinking of staying with the 9-3 SS model for your next car? If not, I am guessing only the wheels "might" be transferrable, even then it has to be one that takes 5x110mm bolt pattern.

For myself, I tend not to spend lots of money on "bolt-on" mods, that are specific to the car if I intended to change it after 3 years (when standard warranty runs out).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Finkle, just curious:

you said you put about $5,000 worth of upgrades on that Arc of yours. Hmmm... do you realize that you have lost all that S5,000 in resale value? I have been trading in cars for the past 6 years, and came to an early realization that dealers/buyers do not really take into account the extra money you put into it. Also I presume the wheels only fit the SAAB 9-3.
I mean, to each his own, that'a a heck of a lot of money to add to a car as accessories. At least if you spend $5000 on jewelry accesories (gold/diamonds) on a spouse (note not girlfriend) the value of those accessories still remain for the most part.
I already answered your condescending comment on SaabCentral. :roll:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21331&start=20
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Finklejag said:
Hey Finkle, just curious:

you said you put about $5,000 worth of upgrades on that Arc of yours. Hmmm... do you realize that you have lost all that S5,000 in resale value? I have been trading in cars for the past 6 years, and came to an early realization that dealers/buyers do not really take into account the extra money you put into it. Also I presume the wheels only fit the SAAB 9-3.
I mean, to each his own, that'a a heck of a lot of money to add to a car as accessories. At least if you spend $5000 on jewelry accesories (gold/diamonds) on a spouse (note not girlfriend) the value of those accessories still remain for the most part.
I already answered your condescending comment on SaabCentral. :roll:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21331&start=20
Indeed, you did, pardon my memory... :)

But it sure is an expensive hobby... :wink:

Buying and seling cars (or even leasing...), you lose money on it, and now spending an other $5000 on it on top of the cost of trade-in cost, wow... that is sure is an expensive hobby...

One of my pals use to do that when he was still single, changing cars every two years, modding them like crazy, but now, married, he is very much more conservative on modding and selling every two years... :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Yes there are no word filters on Saablink. Very little censoring, but there are trade offs with that of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Saba said:
Yes there are no word filters on Saablink. Very little censoring, but there are trade offs with that of course.
Yeah, like I can say "Crikey!" and "Gee willicars" amongst other things.

I thought it was really funny when another site censored "******" in the form of "****** tonk".
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top