Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After installing the 3076.86 i had to stop out of fuel so finally found a couple evenings to get the larger injectors in the red car while it was still in the 50s. The 750s were 100% luckily we had outgrown the 1000cc Injector Dynamics from the drag car and used those. The fuel supply will need to be increased. The 255 in tank is not enough, loosing about 5-10 psi at higher rpms. Pulled the rev limit down a little to under 7500.

Initially power was down since we are on winter E70 now and that was on some misblended E90 in the summer. Turning it up a little cured that. More than I expected out of the 264 cams and stock head. Hope to cure that on the cheap this winter.

Part way through tuning.. When the pump drops and duty cycle heads to 100% the fuel gets a little non linear. Not bad for 24psi peak.

Now to find me some takeoff WRC winter tarmac tires. :) or some other cold weather R compound. ??? Might get some video this weekend. 40s saturday if the customer dyno goes quick. It is much nicer on the road with the midrange pulled out. Seemingly endless up top. The 4.45 gears bring it alive.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
come on now.... studded snows.... we want to see lots of sparks

holy crap that's a lot of power

v-cool

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments.

When I first re-geared it the feeling was quite odd. No big burst of boost. Like it wasn't even trying or on base boost. Just felt like a stock one till you realized that the wind noise was not a slightly open window but 7K in 4th already and the associated road speed.

I really want to fit the larger intake cam out of the drag car and just see. But as it is if it makes more will just lean past the 13.0 its at. Should be plenty as is. :) Looked at the pirelli motorsports webpage. Need sponsorship before I can even afford to look at those tires again. ;) Time to get my v4 roadworthy instead of rotting away outside.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

When I first re-geared it the feeling was quite odd. No big burst of boost. Like it wasn't even trying or on base boost. Just felt like a stock one till you realized that the wind noise was not a slightly open window but 7K in 4th already and the associated road speed.

I really want to fit the larger intake cam out of the drag car and just see. But as it is if it makes more will just lean past the 13.0 its at. Should be plenty as is. :) Looked at the pirelli motorsports webpage. Need sponsorship before I can even afford to look at those tires again. ;) Time to get my v4 roadworthy instead of rotting away outside.
me like.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
After installing the 3076.86 i had to stop out of fuel so finally found a couple evenings to get the larger injectors in the red car while it was still in the 50s. The 750s were 100% luckily we had outgrown the 1000cc Injector Dynamics from the drag car and used those. The fuel supply will need to be increased. The 255 in tank is not enough, loosing about 5-10 psi at higher rpms. Pulled the rev limit down a little to under 7500.

Initially power was down since we are on winter E70 now and that was on some misblended E90 in the summer. Turning it up a little cured that. More than I expected out of the 264 cams and stock head. Hope to cure that on the cheap this winter.

Part way through tuning.. When the pump drops and duty cycle heads to 100% the fuel gets a little non linear. Not bad for 24psi peak.

Now to find me some takeoff WRC winter tarmac tires. :) or some other cold weather R compound. ??? Might get some video this weekend. 40s saturday if the customer dyno goes quick. It is much nicer on the road with the midrange pulled out. Seemingly endless up top. The 4.45 gears bring it alive.
Glad you are liking that 4:45 gearing, it really does wake the car up and makes the larger turbos more usable and it also helps with smaller turbos. Glad to see you have come to the dark side with all its fancyness :)

I thought it was interesting my gt3076 .86ar made almost exactly the same whp in Sae with 30% e85 and w/m custom tune.

John

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.