·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is being done:

Front Control Arm Bushings - (2)
Front Control Arm Rear Bushings - (2)
Outer Tie Rod Ends - (2)
Passenger (right) side steering rack boot - (1)
Rear Springs - (2)
Rear Shocks - (2)
Upper Strut Mount - (Driver's Side ~ left)
Hopefully I will have all that taken care of later this week - I am awaiting on a Strut mount (used - but in good shape) from precision plus and I hafta re-locate my steering rack boot i bought not long ago. Should give the 9000 a nice new feel at 120mph I will still need to replace the front wheel bearings - but i need a GOOD donor car (under 120K) for those parts - new they are $120 EACH and I can't afford that for this car right now.... they are good for 200K usually I'm told and the originals have made it so far almost to 300K as well as the rest of those parts :p

·
7,595 Posts
I am going to be doing similar to the pontiac soon. I got a bent control arm cause of that damn X5, and I need a few suspension related items that are starting to show their age

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far - new bushings are on - wow - old ones were cooked! Outter Tie Rod ends were well - bad, but the one looked as if it first blew up - then began to rot :lol: All fixed and the rear front control arm bushings are now urathane. Tomorrow (Thurs.) I will have all 4 KYB Struts and Shocks installed and the younger springs and good strut mounts. Next I need to get wheel berings/hubs..... and this car should handle as good as new (if not a little better) Time for the 3" DP and Aero spings followed by my Body Kit 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts