Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?PID=761058&makeId=1000141&productId=4657&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&AID=1157440&modelId=1001733&storeId=10101

no what are the stock FI on the saab? how many lbs? I see 14, 17, 21, and 36 offered through JC Whitney. Prices seem OK too for Accel's.

I think that the stock fuel injectors fotrthe classic 900 turbo 16 are 21lbs, I think that lpt got 24lbs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes the stock turbo 16 had 21 lbs./hr. You can upgrade to Bosch 24 lbs./hr. or 30 lbs./hr. And there are 27 lbs./hr. too. The critical concern is making sure you get the proper impedance. You cannot use low impedance injectors in a high impedance set up and vice versa. Use this chart to select upgrades:
http://www.hexfiles.com/resources/automotive_manuals/injector_chart1.pdf
The Bosch red 30# injectors are the same as on certain V8 Mustangs. You can buy 8 for the price many sell four, for. Find someone else who wants to put on thirty pounders and split the cost. You just saved oodles of cash.
If you increase the injector size, you will have to increase fuel pressure. Increase injector size and fuel pressure too much and you can get lumpy idling and performance. That is why many like to use RRFPR's when doing this.
I decided to go with 24# and 2.8 bar. I was not shooting for more than about 200 hp on the '89 anyway, as it was intended primarily for the Mrs. and my daughter.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
EBAY folks! You can get a flow matched set of Ford Redtops or Volvo green tops for $45 dollars most ofthe time and thats for 8 injectors usually. Remember that is you use the 30# injectors on a T16 you will most likely need to get a fuel chip to take advantage of the injecotrs fully not ot mention the 3+ bar FPR or a rising rate FPR. The jaguar uses a 3.2 BAR FPR that is a direct bolt on to saabs as well if you want to get past the SAAB 3.0 bar that was installed on some T16's.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i put 36ers on my 9k so ive got the stock 30s (i think) sittin around if anyone wants em...the accels universals work there a direct bosch replacement....thats what im using...

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
replied steve...

burns check summitracing.com they are a little cheaper for those injectors...and ive seen em on ebay..along with some volvo greens everyonce and awhile

are these for the spg?

·
Registered
119 Posts
what vehicle uses 24lb/hr? might be perfect for my N/a...hehe im going for PP2 + power(doing a lot of work on the block)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts