Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an OLD c900 sedan in a light blue/perrywinkle color in Damariscotta ME today, it had the old style of steelies on it. Looked classic. Early 80's maybe? Definitely pre '87. Then I saw two post '87 c900s in Rockland as I was coming out of Cafe Miranda. One was a 90-93 c900 S hatchback in a nice red color, I think it's called tally red. Stock S alloys and an aftermarket head unit, tan leather interior, classic stetson saab dealers sticker on the back (where I bought mine) And I saw a blue c900 S sedan maybe an 88-90 style. Definitely post-'87 c900. Had a couple bumper stickers on it, one I think was a vote Dennison for Sheriff sticker. Also had a classic stetson dealers sticker on it. I loved the red hatchback though. It looked so nice, except that the right front headlight bracket looked messed up. Probably broken plastic adjustment knobs, after age they tend to crack, mine was till I replaced it. Anyway.....I had a '91 c900 sedan in gray with a saablink.net sticker just in case you saw me.

Oh there was a GM 9-5 gray/silver wagon parked next to me too. Probably like an '04-'06. Definitely GM, probably not on here but you never know.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? I thought like 98 or 99-02 was still Swedish, and the 99-02 9-3's cause didn't they get bought outright by GM in late 02 or 03?

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Really? I thought like 98 or 99-02 was still Swedish, and the 99-02 9-3's cause didn't they get bought outright by GM in late 02 or 03?
You think Saab in 1998 chose to use a Vaxhall/Opel chassis on their own?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah I guess that's true, I had heard about the Vauxhall/Opel chassis thing before but had forgotten about it. So when was the last year that Saab's were TRULY Swedish and made in Trollhattan as well as some other factories right?

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Oh yeah I guess that's true, I had heard about the Vauxhall/Opel chassis thing before but had forgotten about it. So when was the last year that Saab's were TRULY Swedish and made in Trollhattan as well as some other factories right?
I am fairly certain that GM's involvement had little to do with where the cars were made, more about which parts to use.

The c900 was basically the last Saab Saab, doesn't mean its the best Saab though.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The 9-5 and 9-3 (excluding the convertible model, which is built in Austria) have always, and still are, made in Trollhatten, Sweden. And yes, all 9-5's are built under the rule of GM, but they were designed and engineered by Saab, just using a GM platform.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh, ok then I see this now. Anyway I do LOVE c900s and 9000s. You can't beat that older classic style, although I also love 9-3 turbos. But now 9-5s and 9-3s are made by Saab. Victor sold Spyker to a British company for like $400million!! I guess he sees the value in Saab alone. haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts