Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Dude this looks waaayy better for sure. I'm not sure if you painted the outside seam or used the black sealant idea but either way it looks great. The reflectors on the corner light and the "passing" lights inside the headlight housing are HUGE. They stand out more than I thought they would honestly. I wonder if you could paint those reflectors with a black chrome finish so that they would still be reflective but less bright-looking inside the housings. I can't remember the last time I even used those passing lights to flash somebody anyway...

Honestly though it looks great and I may just do this now.

Cheers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments! I might look into those stealth bulbs. I want to smoke the clear lenses on the tail lights a little so they'll look more like the 02 aero's. AeroJ I really appreciate your suggestions! I ended up using the black silicone like you'd mentioned which made a huge difference. I masked off and painted the border lines around the lens; and actually trimmed a strip of rubber from a used wiper blade to seal the gap between the turnsignals and headlights. My buddy actually suggested I do the black chrome for the reflector pieces inside, but splitting the headlight itself was more than I'd want to deal with twice!

·
Registered
531 Posts
How'd you get the corners apart? Thinking about doing something similar on my NG...Nice work, looks great...the black sealant looks good too...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How'd you get the corners apart? Thinking about doing something similar on my NG...Nice work, looks great...the black sealant looks good too...
Thanks! As for getting the corners apart. First, I tried using a heatgun to separate the lens; but the plastic is too delicate. So I ended up using a dremmel with one of the cutting discs to go straight through the glue lines. Dont raise the rpms of the dremmel too much or it will start Melting the glue - making a terrible smell (instant headache). Just be careful not to cut too far into the plastic, or it will be harder to glue the pieces back with a clean seal. Let me know if you have any trouble!

·
Registered
429 Posts
sick aero dude!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts