Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '00 viggen has been relatively neglected over the last year and a half of school. It hasn't let me down despite having high mileage but its time to do some maintenance now that I've graduated and have been a grown up for a few months. My list of parts mostly includes items that need replacing as well as some things that should be replaced from time to time.

• viggen clutch (mine slips when the car is loaded or when I really get on the throttle)
  • rear motor mount (upgraded one from genuine saab)
  • ball joints (the poly urethane pair with upgraded bolts from GS)
  • oil pressure sender (current unit leaks oil onto the cat)
  • winter tires
  • PCV update (#6)
  • spark plugs
  • serpentine belt tensioner

I'm looking for input on other general wear parts that should be replaced while I'm at it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Possibly a trans flush while you're at the clutch, depending on how yours is feeling these days.

Tough to really say what to for preventative maintenance on a car with 210k as its probably more of just replacing what appears to be worn.

How are your:

- CV boots
- Fuel filter
- Strut mounts
- Coolant hoses

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
My '99 9-5 just hit 215k (I bought from original owner a few months ago, always serviced @ dealer) and it didn't come with #6 installed.

I asked him and he said that the dealer tech doesn't like them because he seemed to think they had higher oil consumption with #6.

Mine is spotless inside, I put a boroscope in the oil drain plug hole when I changed the oil after I got it, I'm sure the pan has never been down.

Another thousand miles when I change the oil again I am gonna drop the pan and take a look, maybe check bearing clearances with Plastigage just for kicks, car never went more than 5k before oil change with semi-Syn or full-Syn since it was new - stack of records is 2" thick.

Drew

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the input.

I'll add the pulleys to the list as well as a fuel filter and the trans flush. Next time I've got it up on a lift I'll look around for anything else.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Brake flush, coolant flush, power steering flush.
Definitely replace all your coolant hoses if you never have.
Check brake lines for rust.
Check oil cooler and power steering cooler for rust through.
Check belt for cracks when replacing idler and tensioner.

Before you take the trans down, grab the axles and see if there is any play in the differential bushings. That way you know to replace them with the trans out. Would also replace the axle oil seals and possibly the rear main seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.