Votes: 15 62.5%
  • 2011 Subaru Legacy GT

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 2011 Buick Regal GS

Votes: 5 20.8%

2011 9-5 Aero, 2011 Subaru Legacy GT or 2011 Buick Regal GS

1K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  stig 
#1 · (Edited)
So...I know this forum MAY be slighlty biased, but which would you choose? Theyre roughly the same formula...medium sized sedan with AWD, Turbo and 3 pedals a piece. The Saab is WAY more then the other two, clocking in at just under 50k. The Legacy GT with NAV comes in around 35k, and the upcoming Buick Regal GS will supposedly be 35k as well (few, if any, options available for that model as it will be the 'flagship' model). All have roughly the same performance and features at the optioned prices I quoted, with the Legacy having the biggest aftermarket backing, followed by the Regal then the 9-5 (the Regal should use the existing 2.0 Turbo Ecotec found in other GM cars). The Legacy is the only one with 'true' AWD. So, which would you choose?

2011 Saab 9-5 Aero
Price: $50k
HP:300
TQ: 295
0-60: 6.7s (est)

2011 Subaru Legacy GT
Price: $35k
HP:265
TQ: 258
0-60: 5.7s (est)

2011 Buick Regal GS
Price: $35k (est)
HP:255
TQ: 295
0-60: 5.5s (est)

Personally, I picked the Regal.

See less See more
#4 ·
I test drove a Regal with the 2.4l I4 and the automatic and while I cannot say the 2.0T 6mt version will be the same, was not as impressed as I thought I would be. I love the way the Legacy GT handles and feels but I can't get over the awkward styling of late (last gen is awesome). I am not sure if I like the 9-5 Aero as it sits with the automatic and the 2.8T but it looks very unique and I think it has one of the best interiors of any regular production car.

That said, my money would probably be spent on the Legacy GT.

#9 · (Edited)
I test drove a Regal with the 2.4l I4 and the automatic and while I cannot say the 2.0T 6mt version will be the same, was not as impressed as I thought I would be. I love the way the Legacy GT handles and feels but I can't get over the awkward styling of late (last gen is awesome). I am not sure if I like the 9-5 Aero as it sits with the automatic and the 2.8T but it looks very unique and I think it has one of the best interiors of any regular production car.

That said, my money would probably be spent on the Legacy GT.
Have you seen the interior of a 9-5 Aero in person? The leather is pure crap and they don't have that graphite dash because of supplier issues. Oh, and it "dings" like a chevy and the horn works with the car off. I was rather disappointed. :?

It's a beautiful car in person, it just has some serious quality issues and is severely lacking in the interior / options department for a 50k car. Not to mention it is highly underpowered.

#17 ·
Sadly I had to place a vote for the old fogie car. I love Saab and all, but too much money and no 3rd pedal. I also feel like it is too much of a barge.

The Subaru is quite ugly.

The Buick is the least of three evils, I guess. Not really very good-looking either. 9-5 is definitely the best-looking. But in reality I wouldn't spend the money on any of these...

Gimme an '11 Mustang GT.

#18 ·
While saabs may be considered luxury cars, and have been for a while, they are not high end luxury cars. Saabs always have been up there in price, but once you edge onto the 50K range theres alot else out there for that kinda coin.

I'm gonna sit back, wait, and see.

#19 ·
the 9-5 at the dealer near me looked to be fully loaded.. looked like a KILLER interior to me.. the dash looked crazy! along with nav and seat mounted tvs.. 300hp and awd... i think people will buy the car.. in person they are really nice looking cars.. i think in a year or 2 they will fix some of the minor issues and the car will be AWESOME

#21 ·
i choose 2011 Buick Regal GS. looks great outside, interior is the best imho, and should be reliable and parts cheap.

the Saab 9-5 Aero is too much money for what you're getting. if it was a 40k car then i would choose it. but its 50k. so no way.

the 2011 Subaru Legacy GT is a fine car i'm sure, but it looks boring like all legacies (legacy's?). i'll take any number of other cars over that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.