Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..or how my Eagles are Superbowl-bound :D

Watching Philadelphia these past 2 games I'm making one of my fearless/ridiculous predictions that the Eagles are gonna make it to the end. And get the ring that Jeff Garcia very nearly managed.

Vick is playing and leading with a sure-footed bravado that defines championship seasons. My dog may not like his piece-of-shit personal life and lack of morals, but damn if he can throw a ball better than McNabb ever did. And he can run the ball better than McNabb allegedly was able to in his heyday.

So, who here follows the NFL?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I've been to Eagles games before, in fact last year, I was in the Philadelphia for a game the weekend the city got 2-3 feet of snow (talk about a fun drive). Awesome, historic city and great football team. The fans are incredible....passionate, rabid, and extremely vulgar....one minute they're picking fights, the next a father has his hands over his son's ears as fans rain snowballs and trash down from the upper decks.

Like you said, Vick has been incredible so far. He's easily, in my opinion, the MVP after the first 3 weeks. I'm a 49ers fan and I was PRAYING that they would pick him up when he got out of prison. Now, healthy and still relatively young at age 30, the guy seems to have elevated his previous game to a whole new level. Other teams have to be kicking themselves as Vick is probably one of most dangerous overall weapons in the league.

As 49ers fan, I had so much hope coming into this season. This was supposed to be the year the team dominated the NFC West and made it back to the playoffs. So far though, the team is a huge bust. Alex Smith had an encouraging year last season, but he's seemingly regressed. Why they ever fired Mike Martz and hired Singletary still confuses me to this day. I think in the end, they blow the whole team up and begin to "rebuild" again. It amazes me how one of the best franchises ever can continually get it wrong. A 12 year old addicted to Madden could make better personnel and coaching decisions than this team has over the last decade. I'm just hoping they end up with the top 5 pick now, as the college quarterback crop is going to be excellent come draft time. I'm tired of giving my hopes up every year to Alex Smith and a disappointing team. As Vince Lombardi would say "WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON HERE?!!"

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'd be more concerned with Carson Palmer and Cedric Benson than I would be with TO or any other Bengal. Palmer has stunk it up thus far and Benson has been pedestrian at best. Unexpected considering most experts thought the offense would be dominant.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Go Broncos? (Tremendous amounts of confidence happening over here...)

for those keeping score, i've been calling for Vettel to win the F1 title since last season.
So you're letting us know you'll be wrong two seasons in a row?

At least in football, the players are SUPPOSED to crash into each other. :lol:

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
I'm a big Bills fan. They suck, but they are getting better every game. Luckily in the past few years I've trained myself not to get my hopes up. If they could just get some better OLmen and LBers, as well as a QB who knows what he's doing, and continue to get more experience in the system, they could be a contender. Of course the only way that will happen is by luck, since the owner Ralph Wilson seems hell bent on making the franchise as crappy as possible before he dies. They just won't spend the money on quality talent. Luckily the new front office crew seems to have decent talent scouts, CJ Spiller was a great draft choice. We'll
see how the others develop.

They actually hung pretty well with NE last week though which was a nice change of pace. If not for two costly INT's they could easily have pulled out the win. But that's what happens when your "QB controversy" is a battle between people who'd be competing for the backup spot on any other team.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Thanks to that last field goal by the bears on Monday night I lost my fantasy game by .8 points.

Stupid bears.

Also, the Packer lost to the bears again and that is just sad enough.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
CJ Spiller is going to be a beast. The Bills should keep split carries between him and Marshawn Lynch for the next few years and try to duplicate the two-headed monster RB system you see in Carolina with Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams.

Other than that, the Bills need a franchise qb and they'll be good to go. I thought Trent Edwards had good potential, but I think the team lost their patience and wanted to move forward now. As a 49ers fan, I can sympathize with it...when a team waits for mediocre players to improve, they often don't make desirable progress. Like the 49ers, I think the Bills have been stagnated by constant coaching and coordinator changes too. That, young players, and a tight pocket owner will result in losing seasons more often than not. Still though, Ralph Wilson Stadium and Bills fans are among the best.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
As a native here near Philly - Philly (the city) Sucks and so does the football team. They will blow it in the end like they always do. Did you know Philly still has a basketball team? That's a big waste of money right there. Go Flyers! :D About time Vic is allowed to play, damn city is nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
CJ Spiller is going to be a beast. The Bills should keep split carries between him and Marshawn Lynch for the next few years and try to duplicate the two-headed monster RB system you see in Carolina with Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams.

Other than that, the Bills need a franchise qb and they'll be good to go. I thought Trent Edwards had good potential, but I think the team lost their patience and wanted to move forward now. As a 49ers fan, I can sympathize with it...when a team waits for mediocre players to improve, they often don't make desirable progress. Like the 49ers, I think the Bills have been stagnated by constant coaching and coordinator changes too. That, young players, and a tight pocket owner will result in losing seasons more often than not. Still though, Ralph Wilson Stadium and Bills fans are among the best.
I agree totally on Spiller, as he gets more comfortable he will be a deadly weapon. Honestly though I like Fred Jackson just as much as I like Lynch, they have different styles but both have their strong suits. I think the answer is a 3 RB system. :D

In my opinion though, Trent Edwards is terrible, and never really had the potential to be a solid franchise NFL QB. He just has no vision and sense of timing for playing quarterback. Whether that is just innate or if he picked up the bad habits playing under Dick Jauron's terrible leadership, I don't know. He's too scared to throw INTs, so winds up throwing nothing at all, or stupid dink and dunk checkdown passes for 2-3 yards to his RBs. I can only see him as a career backup at this point. He also can't play in the cold, which just doesn't work in Buffalo.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I agree totally on Spiller, as he gets more comfortable he will be a deadly weapon. Honestly though I like Fred Jackson just as much as I like Lynch, they have different styles but both have their strong suits. I think the answer is a 3 RB system. :D

In my opinion though, Trent Edwards is terrible, and never really had the potential to be a solid franchise NFL QB. He just has no vision and sense of timing for playing quarterback. Whether that is just innate or if he picked up the bad habits playing under Dick Jauron's terrible leadership, I don't know. He's too scared to throw INTs, so winds up throwing nothing at all, or stupid dink and dunk checkdown passes for 2-3 yards to his RBs. I can only see him as a career backup at this point. He also can't play in the cold, which just doesn't work in Buffalo.
They should pickup somebody like Jeff Garcia from the AFL. The guy is 40 yrs old and was great for the 49ers, Eagles, and Buccaneers. Currently, he's lighting it up in the AFL and he'd be a quick 1 year fix for the Bills. Fitzpatrick is serviceable, but he's not going to win them games. Garcia could bring back visions of the ageless Doug Flutie!

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
That's not a half bad idea. The problem is, the owner is too cheap. I actually thought of the Doug Flutie comparison when you first mentioned his name, then saw the reference at the end. :) Flutie was the last good quarterback we've had. He was really exciting to watch, and was a great leader who got the job done. I still can't believe they benched him in favor of Rob Johnson for that ill fated wild card game against Tennessee.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They should pickup somebody like Jeff Garcia from the AFL. The guy is 40 yrs old and was great for the 49ers, Eagles, and Buccaneers. Currently, he's lighting it up in the AFL and he'd be a quick 1 year fix for the Bills. Fitzpatrick is serviceable, but he's not going to win them games. Garcia could bring back visions of the ageless Doug Flutie!
between Garcia and TO we nearly got our title in 07. Garcia is clutch. i was peeved Andy Reid let him go in favor of Mc Nabb

·
Registered
298 Posts
Fan of the Jets...We've become quite flashy recently, but I've been a fan through the tough times..even the unbearable ones when Testaverde was calling signals at the end of his career.

We look good with Sanchez coming into his own. He has a ton of weapons, especially when Santonio Holmes comes back from suspension. Buffalo Bills this week, these division games are always a scare.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts