Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sick of grinding the front lip of my 2006 9-5 Aero combi on ramps.
Now that my 17 in tires are due for replacement I am comsidering a higher profile tire to raise ground clearance or go with 19 in wheels without going low profile.
Can anyone quote the tallest wheel/tire combo that will fit without rubbing & without going much narrower than stock?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Would you see a drop in performance with a taller than stock tire? Or would that not be noticeable enough to think about?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
These are on a 266,000 mile 2000 9-5 Sedan winter beater.

Performance? Wait, what?

The 9-5 is not a performance car, any year, tire choice? really? what? ;)

You go tall tire, you get a tall sidewall. Tall sidewall, flexy sidewall, yes it will effect performance handling. Wait, what? ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey now, I hit 105 on a back road in VA today. My last car was a Neon, and while I did love my Neon, the 9-5 could totally kick its ass. Show some love!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I am sick of grinding the front lip of my 2006 9-5 Aero combi on ramps.
Then stop going places with ramps and driving like a woman :D

This is why I'm not a fan of current Saab design - the lower section on the bumpers are not replaceable or removeable. This makes repairs much more costly and I get it.

As for wheels - do you really think a taller 17" tire profile would lift the car enough to make a differance? I'd try for the 19" option with proper portioned tires. That alone would raise the car 2-3 inches....

How about spring helpers? That will keep the front end from bouncing and dropping down as much...

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you would raise your car 2-3 inches just by wheel/tire choice, wouldn't that require a pretty significant computer adjustment for the speedometer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts