Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this e-mail from a Saab dealer in my area....

I'm hoping the '05 Aero will be at least 250hp. No word from Saab on that, just my hope.

Has anyone else heard about a new engine in the 2005 Aero?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wooo HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:D

We can only hope! It's a travesty to have the current, 210Hp, 9-3SS carry the Aero badge. :x

I fully understand the problem with the Vector name, but Saab could've chosen a name other than Aero. Aero implies something that just doesn't exist in the current 9-3SS.

BRING ON THE 250HP 9-3SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Funny thing is Saab got slammed by the automotive press for the torque steer in the Viggen, but now torque steer is almost a given with the high horsepower FWD cars coming out of Japan, the 270-hp Acura TL tops on that list....

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Ive driven some of those cars and they seem about on par or worse than the viggen....I dont see why the Viggen caught so much shit about it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Re: Wooo HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Aero9k said:
Aero implies something that just doesn't exist in the current 9-3SS.

BRING ON THE 250HP 9-3SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand your point of view but respectfully disagree. The Current Aero has as many or more "upgrades" over the other 9-3 models than, for instance, the SPG had over other 900 Turbos. You get the awesome sport seats and the 6-speed box, for starters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Immo said:
I got this e-mail from a Saab dealer in my area....

I'm hoping the '05 Aero will be at least 250hp. No word from Saab on that, just my hope.

Has anyone else heard about a new engine in the 2005 Aero?
new Holden-sourced, Saab-co-developed V6 single turbo in the mid-year Aero. I'm just fine with my I4 turbo PPC'd car. 247hp is just fine with me. I got PPC for the torque and driveability and throttle response improvements.

·
Registered
9 Posts
both

Mr.Dobsi said:
that news release from saab about the 9-3 wagon has a V-6.. 250hp maybe thats what he means.
Aero wagon gets it and at some point the Aero sedan does as well.
It will be interesting to drive one at the dealer and compare it to my PPC'd version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
different engine

turbokick said:
doesn't the 9-5aero already get 250 hp out of a 4cyl?
9-5 Aero has the 2.3L Saab block, 9-3 Aero has the 2.0L Ecotec block

I've had both, with PPC the 93Aero is 247 and feels great, but I wish they'd have put the 2.3L in the 93Aero, and the 2.0L in the Arc. The 2.3L has a better growl, I've had both, a 2001 95 Aero and my current 2004 93 Aero w/ PPC

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks Sorty and pretty awesome to me. If it has the engine to back it up I would buy it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks Sporty and pretty awesome to me. If it has the engine to back it up I would buy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts