Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting a sound from my right front end when i go over a series of bumps ...it sounds like the front end is going to fall apart...

I took car to Saab they replaced the Side Link Rods for both the left and right side they also stated I could probably use new Strut with mounts ...so to save money I just replaced the front right strut with stut mounts.

The sound is still there anyone have any suggestions??

·
Registered
252 Posts
i don't know specifically anything ng93 related (this is the wrong forum) but that kind of noise is commonly from ball joints, control arm bolts or strut mounts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
is there any way I can check to see if they are shot???
Turn the wheel to one side to give yourself access to the ARB end links, and grab the balljoint pivot with your hand. If you can swivel them side-to-side easily they are shot. They should be very snug.

Drew

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Describe the noise in a bit more details - aka "Burble" "Rattle" "Clicking"
You say it's ONLY on bumps?

And unless you have a car uder 50,000 miles - replacing 1 strut could cause problems later down the line - starting with the tire wear and alignment issues. I understand the money thing, but plan on doing the other side soon.... did they install the updated strut mounts with water barrier? Reason the original strut mounts go bad was from water getting into the plastic bearing and f-ing them all up, so Saab released a campaign update for them which includes a water barrier shield.

Since they changed the one strut I guess that would rule out a broken spring (as they tend to break often in the earlier 9-3SS cars....)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah its only when I go over a series of bumps and its more like a rattle...and yes i did replace the plastic ring along with the mount and strut...and i do plan on doing the otherside as well .....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts