Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on his tail from the stop light (he was the first car in my lane), and the guy was flooring his brand new v70, probably auto... I struggled to keep the same distance from his back end and was a little surprised that I couldn't slam-dunk this guy immediately. As soon as I was in the 5th gear, however, I was blowing by. I wasn't really happy with the way the max boost creeps down a little on me while in full throttle because it seemed to limit my power... Anyhow, I wasn't sure if it was a turbo or not... possibly a 2.4T, but surely not a T5. But I figure since he didn't have to shift, he had more advantage than I did because I am always gentle engaging my gears and never slam my stick into gear.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
deniss said:
But I figure since he didn't have to shift, he had more advantage than I did because I am always gentle engaging my gears and never slam my stick into gear.
...your shift doesnt have to be sloppy to be fast! but i cant wait till MP COMES OUT WITH THAT TOP ENGINE MOUNT :wink: haha i think i can shift faster than most auto trannys

but i have yet to race a volvo...oh i saw one it was a t5 it had gauges and evrything but im sure i would smoked it...but again i didnt have my car.......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iwantaviggen said:
your shift doesnt have to be sloppy to be fast!
You ever driven a classic 900? ;) Some gears are notchy... Others are like butter... 2nd gear and 3rd gear - notchy. 4th and 5th gear - silky smooth.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
oh yeah your right haha my '82 2nd to 3rd was horibble!! but i still shifted fast !! hahaha that why it was rebuilt at like 70k :D

·
7,595 Posts
any 91+ C-900 trans has a revised shift fork set up, and does not have a notchy feel to it. best to use one of those trannys if you plan on road racing on a regular basis.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DeLorean said:
best to use one of those trannys if you plan on road racing on a regular basis.
No plans for road racing really... Spirited driving. :) Well, maybe only occasionally when I have a serious need for speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts