Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i raced a 2004 ford focus zx3 with the new ztech motor in it or whatever, it's a 2.3 liter, all stock, and it had 500 miles on it, the guy was selling it cause it wasn't fast enough, lol, anyway, we line up, and my car is stock too, 2.3 liter, and about the same weight so i figured it'd be close. HA was i wrong. those little things are quick! he beat me, the area where we race is probably about 1/4 of a mile give or take, and at the end the distance between his rear bumper and my front bumper was about 25-30 feet... i lost oh well

the owner is really cool, he is from ukoslavia, can't spell it, he and like 15 other guys moved here to avoid the draft cause their country has been at war since '92, and they have lost many friends and dont' want to loose each other, so they fled... i feel bad for them cause they had to leave their families behind

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hell, i didn't know they were fast, i always thought they were slow

the one i raced was either not broken in enough, or he was a shitty shifter, cause i didn't loose by much

~justin

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wait until the next-generation RS gets here. AWD and gobs of power.

Now if only the seating position was better, the interior was a bit higher quality, and the body/chassis wasn't so weak. :(

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, you're right, they're a shitty car, but fast, so, get one since they're sorta cheap, and take everything off it, strip it down to chasis engine and a seat, and everything you need to make it driveable, then put a roll cage on it, beef up the suspension, and bingo, fun fun

~justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts