Saab Link Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the planning thread for the 1st 2004 SaabCentral, Saab Link, Saab Net and Saab Scene PA Saab Meet! Come out with your Saab and see some of the most scenic and fun to drive roads in PA. The dates that we should work around are either the weekends of Jan 16th-18th and Jan 30th-1st. Either those dates should work out perfect (for me anyways). Another forum member and I set out to find a good starting and stopping point for the meet. Basically what the meet will consist of is about an hour where we will all meet, talk, take pictures etc etc. After that I have a one and a half hour cruise planned. The main road that I consider the best of the bunch will be Historic Route 32 along the Delaware River. Most traffic now uses US 202 or 611 leaving 32 an old 2-lane road with limited traffic and lots of turns. It's good and twisty and has a number of one-lane bridges and a few "yumps". Limit is 40 MPH (like we will be going that slow...) We may take a break somewhere along Route 32 to rest and look at the canal depending on what the general consensus is. Our starting point where we will meet will be 3rd St (route 309) and Fairmount St. In Coopersburg, PA18036 in the Giant Foods Parking Lot. It's Across from the Fairmount Village Shopping Center. I have been there, and it's easy to find and you can see the signs directly from of 309. Our ending point will be on Route 611 near New Britain where there will be plenty of places to eat for the people who would like to. If you can only stay for the meet / cruise, that's fine. I look forward to meeting, and talking with everyone. This should be a road trip not to be missed and I'm sure that everyone will love it We should all be at the meeting point by noon, so that means we should start assembling around 11:00 or so. That should allow for enough time to talk and check out each others cars before the meet. The meeting spot is situated so that anyone from NJ, PA, NY, DE, VA, CT, where ever... should have no trouble at all getting to it from the turnpike. I would like to get a feel for how many people are interested in coming, what they think about the idea, and how those dates are. Please post
This meet is going to be run by DeLorean mainly, and I assume I'll be assisting. All Are Welcome! Bring you're Friends! I'll be there, as will 6 others so far from Saab Central.... Spread the word! If you are planning on attending just post that you will be. Any other questions can be directed towards either DeLorean, or myself and I can relay them to him if i cannot answer them. Hope to see ya all there!!
More post info:
http://www.saabrun.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=78

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the more the merrier. So far there are 6 people plus DeLorean and Myself (8 total) planning on going. IF we could get 10 people as a personal goal that would be pretty kewl.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think it would be cool to get a dyno for the group as well....cause im sure it wouldnt be too expensive if we do it as a group....but thats just a thought

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree that would be neat, but I don't think that will happen this time, maybe the next one. Do you know where in PA they have a Dyno for Public use?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
I would love to come but im not sure about the whole my parents being ass holes thing... ill have to ask.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
hahahaha fuck you!!!! im not bringing my sister!!!!
where is the exact address we are meeting? and how many people total with be there?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
i know... but no address.... and i dont know if that list is done... or if more people are coming.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there's a geocities link within that post that has the starting address (intersection more or less) and that is the most current list of ppl going. I HOPE we can get 20, if not more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys I just joined, did you guys end up having your meet ?? I wish I knew sooner I would have gone if you did. Only prob is I don't drive my car in the winter, I baby it and keep it protected in the winter, but I still want to meet up with some of you. I am from CT so if you guys are willing to drive to Long Island I have plenty of conections with dyno places. Also over the summer theres car shows all the time where car teams/ clubs meet up at, we all should. I would love to get to know some of you guys because I am about to do alot of mods to my saab and I am having trouble finding parts. Let me know, thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.