Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of selling my 2004 9-5 Arc SportCombi. 2.3L HOT, 5spd AT. Laser Red with Gray interior.

I am the second owner, the first being a lease originated at Saab of Santa Monica in July 2004. I purchased the car in Seattle after our local Saab dealer bought the car @ auction in CA and shipped it here. It had 49k miles at the time of purchase. I saw it prior to PDI and it looked fully detailed--nearly immaculate. It currently has ~72k miles, mostly highway as I bus commute about 70% of the time.

It's fully loaded: Rain sensing wipers, rear park assist, heated AND ventilated front seats, (useless)OnStar, harmon/kardon audio, dual power seats w/memory, bi-xenons, you name it. Only boxes not ticked were 17" wheels and Nav (and I fixed one of those).

I purchased the car with a no deductible transferrable extended warranty (Warranty expires in August 2011). Thanks to this anything the car's needed, it's gotten during my ownership.

Maintenance (what I can remember offhand--there's likely more):
-Thermostat and coolant temp sensor
-DIC
-Plugs
-Right front halfshaft replaced (torn outer CV boot)
-Serp belt and tensioner
-Right upper motor mount, at least two other mounts
-The rear subframe bushings on the front subframe
-Water pump/coolant flush
-Lower radiator hose
-Transmission has been flushed twice (PM)
-Climate control head unit
-Driver's door window regulator
-Ignition tower (IIRC this was $600ish)
-Battery replaced last year
-Strut tower bushings replaced
-Lower control arm bushings replaced
-Just aligned (2/15/11)

Additionally, it has some nice upgrades/enhancements:
-OEM 06+ air intake funnel with GS washable high flow air filter
-GenuineSaab HD trans pitch stopper mount
-Full Aero front brake upgrade with Brembo rotors and Akebono pads
-Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
-OEM Aero springs
-Bilstein HD struts
-Moog heavy duty swaybar end links
-17" Aero evo wheels with Toyo Proxes4 tires (two new as of last weekend due to road hazard--flat in one, replaced both; other 2 are ~5k old)
-HID bulbs replaced with Phillips 5000K units
-Granite Embedded AUX in device (not the sometimes-buggy iPod controller; just an Aux-in jack)
-Infinity Kappa 3.5" 2ohm dash speakers
-OEM Saab rubber floor mats/cargo mat

I also have the OEM 16" 5 spoke wheels with excellent BFG g-Force tires and a pair of OEM Saab/Thule crossbars for the roof rails. Not sure I'll sell those with the car, but they are available.

All maintenance/upgrades--down to oil changes with ELF synthetic--have been done by either the selling dealer or the best independent shop in the region, Scanwest Autosport. I have all receipts of work done during my ownership. Believe me, nothing has been spared on this car.

The bad:
-I had someone back into the left front corner of the front bumper this Winter; it's not obvious at first glance but the bumper is scuffed. There's also a chunk of paint missing on the RF corner of the front bumper. I've been waiting until Spring to get it addressed as I don't want to chip the fresh paint. I'll get this addressed prior to sale.
-2 of the Aero evos have a bit of curb rash on at least one spoke. I'd refinish all four, I think.
-I need to detail it.

The drivetrain has never been modified. I've not remapped the ECU. Most of my driving is 50-75mph highway or commuting to work. The car has never lived anywhere that sees (regular) snow or road salt. It doesn't leak anything (now that the water pump is replaced). There have been no smokers, kids, or dogs in this car during my ownership. The back seat looks near-new; even the driver's seat looks quite good.

It's not the fastest 9-5 (owing to the 220hp ECU programming), but overall it drives VERY well. Very tight, steers fantastic (amazing improvement when the strut bearings and control arm bushings were replaced), handles well, and the brakes are very responsive.

I'm looking for $9500. I'm not interested in trades or haggling.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts