Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this car has a minor oil leak, a strong clutch, 185k miles, turbo spools strong, needs new sid, new driver side mirror, two front tires for pa inspection in december, car is stock, new DI cassette, and new fuel line clip. $2900 obo pm me for my home number, or questions car is located in scranton pa.

also i have a saab dealer service form, of whats wrong with the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Favorite color car + last year of the hatchback. Only problem is that you originally said you had a HG leak and crank seal, all this work, now it is missing from the description. So what else is wrong with the car? Also even with what you already listed, you'll have a hard time finding 2900 for it.

GLWS, just want to smooth over what is actually wrong with the car so there are no confusions or blaming down the line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Favorite color car + last year of the hatchback. Only problem is that you originally said you had a HG leak and crank seal, all this work, now it is missing from the description. So what else is wrong with the car? Also even with what you already listed, you'll have a hard time finding 2900 for it.

GLWS, just want to smooth over what is actually wrong with the car so there are no confusions or blaming down the line.
Hell it goes 50 plus miles a day. Guess its reliable, you gotta look at this way, its 26 miles to school then another 26 home, then 2 miles to work then 26 more miles then 15 more miles, damn! Oil leak cant be that big if the kid goes that far everyday.

And a saab dealership form. hell, its worth checking out !

·
Registered
859 Posts
thundercracker shut up. Just because he drives 50miles a day doesn't constitute for leaving out any problems it has.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thundercracker shut up. Just because he drives 50miles a day doesn't constitute for leaving out any problems it has.
Well, in the saab world that's lucky, trust me. i have owned saab's since i was 16, i think i know how bad an oil leak is.

And who's leaving out problems? These cars all they are is problems! like, come on ! My 9-5 running on 3 cylinders, runs 30 miles a day. my 900 well, its a love hate thing..... My honda is my honda, can't break that thing. But, if you buy one of these cars get ready for problems !!!! A little lesson for you 2 legit !

And, mommy and daddy helping you fix your car, does not count !

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Well, in the saab world that's lucky, trust me. i have owned saab's since i was 16, i think i know how bad an oil leak is.

And who's leaving out problems? These cars all they are is problems! like, come on ! My 9-5 running on 3 cylinders, runs 30 miles a day. my 900 well, its a love hate thing..... My honda is my honda, can't break that thing. But, if you buy one of these cars get ready for problems !!!! A little lesson for you 2 legit !

And, mommy and daddy helping you fix your car, does not count !
Problems or not, whatever it does have should be released to the buyer. They shouldn't have to figure them out on their own post purchase.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Problems or not, whatever it does have should be released to the buyer. They shouldn't have to figure them out on their own post purchase.
I pm'd him earlier, i was talking to him not really major stuff. Not as major that i ran into in the past.

He told me his daily routine, kid just drives it. And i guess his brother or somebody has a 9000 he knows or something. So i guess they know their stuff.
A 9000, oh my god. Good luck to that guy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey all problems are on the form i got from the dealer, nothing is hidden and it doesnt smoke. dealer slips dont lie it said it needs a head gasket, oil pressure sender, crank/oil pump seals, who needs to figure it out it says it on the f*ckin service form that comes with the car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hey all problems are on the form i got from the dealer, nothing is hidden and it doesnt smoke. dealer slips dont lie it said it needs a head gasket, oil pressure sender, crank/oil pump seals, who needs to figure it out it says it on the f*ckin service form that comes with the car.
I don't think $2900 is even close to realistic then for a car with that mileage. For $2000, MAYBE, but that's only if someone is a mechanic or can do their own work. And I don't blame Aikmanson for calling you out on this one...how is he supposed to know what the "f*ckin service form" says? To me, a slowly failing HG is something that would jump to someone's mind when they are doing the basic description like you provided in post 1. Aikmanson is just looking out for other members and nobody should knock him for that. GLWTS

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anymore questions? would anyone want me to recite the slip word for word

oil leaking from right rear edge of cylinder head, cam plug in rear of cylinder head leaking, oil pressure sender leaking, slight leak forming from front crankshaft seal, and oil pump seal.

also noted left side mirror broken, rear wiper blade torn, tires worn.

see attached estimate.

and i just wasted time typing that, and any serious buyer would ask and i would tell them when asked. (service form quoted word for word.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think $2900 is even close to realistic then for a car with that mileage. For $2000, MAYBE, but that's only if someone is a mechanic or can do their own work. And I don't blame Aikmanson for calling you out on this one...how is he supposed to know what the "f*ckin service form" says? To me, a slowly failing HG is something that would jump to someone's mind when they are doing the basic description like you provided in post 1. Aikmanson is just looking out for other members and nobody should knock him for that. GLWTS
true, but read what i just posted under your post, and the service form would tell any serious buyer. (it's common sense to tell whats wrong with the car, if a buyer with some sort of brain asked what does the service form say.) and it says obo

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i don't wanna fight with anybody, easy solution to the problems, i can meet up with a TSL member from pa, and they can say what they find is wrong with it, and see the form.

sorry zach9000 i didnt know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts