Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nine kids. We bought an old 9-3 for my latest new driver. Seemed to hesitate a bit (miss?) when the turbo was in the mid range. Engine check light came on. So I replaced the spark plugs with the correct ones and the DIC. Seemed to correct the light / code 1312 for a short while. But now have both code 1312, code 1625 and ABS/TCS/Engine Check/ And the TRIANGLE came on. Not sure if we needed to buy the new DIC now after all. Can anyone help me figure this out? I did some checking online about sending the ABS in for repair... but how do I rule out a wheel sensor? Oh... and the speedometer stopped for about 10 seconds. The speedo is now working, but the lights are still on the dash. Much appreciate your hep!!

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
First off, where are you located? if you are in the area i can plug in and make your life diagnosing much easier.

secondly, the misfire could be something as simple as a vac leak,,

Or this could all be related to a bad connection somewhere in the system, Either way, if you are are local i can probably diag it in a few minutes for you

Mike d

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mike I have the same problem , BBA just did my abs , never lost speedo, 01 9/3 will pm you later on tomorrow morning

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
If you need a remanufactured ABS module, I have one for sale!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
PM me.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
My '03 convertible is giving me a PO502 code. Vehicle speed no input signal.

The TCS, ABS, and warning triangle are all lit. The speedometer is also not functioning. I hooked up my tech2, and there is no communication with the brake system. I assumed that I had a bad ABS module. So I sent it in to BBA for reman.

I got the module back, installed it and have put at least 50 or so miles on the car. I still have the same problems.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
So after replacing the module you are getting the same error, that's weird. I had a tech 2 hooked up to my car, the module was rebuilt two years before, tech 2 could not communicate. I have not replaced the module cause I like it with traction control off, but the lights on the dash kind of drive me nuts. I was just about to buy a reman one, but after reading this, hmmmm. My speedo works fine though, no codes and I have replaced both front wheel sensors as well. Let us know what you find, could the rear sensor that controls the speedo be the culprit, but that doesn't explain the no communication?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently have the same problem with my 9-3. Before I remove the ABS module, I was wondering which fuse you changed to solve the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have nine kids. We bought an old 9-3 for my latest new driver. Seemed to hesitate a bit (miss?) when the turbo was in the mid range. Engine check light came on. So I replaced the spark plugs with the correct ones and the DIC. Seemed to correct the light / code 1312 for a short while. But now have both code 1312, code 1625 and ABS/TCS/Engine Check/ And the TRIANGLE came on. Not sure if we needed to buy the new DIC now after all. Can anyone help me figure this out? I did some checking online about sending the ABS in for repair... but how do I rule out a wheel sensor? Oh... and the speedometer stopped for about 10 seconds. The speedo is now working, but the lights are still on the dash. Much appreciate your hep!!
Hello
Might be better to have your original part repaired at UpFix - We save you money on rebuilding your failed electronics!

Here is the service link

1 - 13 of 13 Posts