Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My brother-in-law has an 02' Black Viggen coupe he's about to trade in. Figured I would throw it up here before he trades it in this weekend.

Details:

-Original owner
-94k miles
-Good condition, minor scuffs on the bottom of the front lip

Add-ons:

-Thule rack
-"Viggen" front plate

He bought the car new and has treated it very well. He's not much of a car guy so he had it serviced at Saab in Milford, CT for everything. Car has been babied through its whole life, I honestly think he's brought it up to 95 MPH once!

If there's any interest shoot me a PM. He would take $6500 this weekend, if not he is trading it in for $6,000

-Pat

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I would be interested in the Thule rack if he's interested in selling it.

Ero, a stretch but I would think if he could make money on the deal it would be worth it! Just hard to say what they would give you w/o them looking at the car.

If he sells it for $6K privatly then he has to pay more tax on whatever he's buying, the extra $500 should cover that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tax is part of it, but its also much easier to just drive to the dealership and hand the keys over, rather than dealing with all that comes with selling a car to a private party.

If it goes for trade in I'll have him strip the rack off and post it up here.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Pretty good deal at 6.5k, but I disagree it's worth a few grand more. To me, and probably to most, that's fair value for a stock car. If it was stage 3 and had desireable mods, then maybe 8500, but these cars are a tough sell. Just ask rkelly and jameson about getting fair value for nicely modded viggens.

If I were the owner, it would be pretty hard to turn down a 6k, no questions asked, trade-in offer. Cars are a tough sell this time of year considering the winter weather and upcoming holidays. If the dealer offers 6k, he should definitely take it. Btw, what is the owner getting now?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pretty good deal at 6.5k, but I disagree it's worth a few grand more. To me, and probably to most, that's fair value for a stock car. If it was stage 3 and had desireable mods, then maybe 8500, but these cars are a tough sell. Just ask rkelly and jameson about getting fair value for nicely modded viggens.

If I were the owner, it would be pretty hard to turn down a 6k, no questions asked, trade-in offer. Cars are a tough sell this time of year considering the winter weather and upcoming holidays. If the dealer offers 6k, he should definitely take it. Btw, what is the owner getting now?
I think rkelly is referring to me? A lot of people get the user name confused :(. My Vig was a real tough sell with all the mods. Ended up getting $7,500 for it. They're getting the 2011 VW Tiguan. Your right though, 6k trade in is hard to pass up, I would have done the same with my Viggen to avoid all the headaches I went through selling mine.

Does he want a 9-5 Aero?

:D
Or my dad's '91 Ford Explorer? lol Just kidding. (Dads been wanting a Viggen lately :)) Good luck with the sale and that's a beautiful car!
Sorry guys, he isn't interested in trades.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats a real good deal at 6.5k
any interior etc. pics?
what color interior?
any mech issues?
Nope, thats the only picture I could get. Maybe get some more tomorrow. Its black interior, no sunroof model. He has an Ipod adaptor inside. Also has winter floor mats. I had left out the windows were tinted. I think they are 35%.

No mechanical issues at the moment. I can see what he's replaced in the last year if anyones interested.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
6500 trade in is fine and good....if that's what he's really getting. it's a numbers game. as i'm sure most of you know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
6500 trade in is fine and good....if that's what he's really getting. it's a numbers game. as i'm sure most of you know.
The trade-in is $6,000. They already took a look at the car, so I would have to think they would back their offer.

Bet the price of the VW is jacked up a couple grand to offset the price of the trade in :rolleyes:
They are leasing the VW so price shouldn't be affected.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi, Pat

Is it posible to take a look at car tomorrow afternoon? I will be with cash.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.