Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
p1312 p1334 po340 po441 po137

p1312 02s switch point rich sensor 1
p1334 combustion detection cyl 3-4 open short to b+ (new DI maybe?)
po340 camshaft position sensor a circuit ban k 1 or single sensor (but that was changed by previous owner)
po441 evap emission system incorrect purge flow
po137 o2 circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 2

get back at me guys

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
p1312 p1334 po340 po441 po137

p1312 02s switch point rich sensor 1
p1334 combustion detection cyl 3-4 open short to b+ (new DI maybe?)
po340 camshaft position sensor a circuit ban k 1 or single sensor (but that was changed by previous owner)
po441 evap emission system incorrect purge flow
po137 o2 circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 2

get back at me guys
all except "po441" is related to the spark plugs and DI Cassette - new plugs and replace the DI and those should stay away once cleared

as for the "po441 evap emission system incorrect purge flow" You may have a small vac leak near the Purge valve or a bad purge valve.

·
Registered
287 Posts
P1334 is caused by a misfire in cyl 3 or 4 or both, this could be plugs wires or if you have DI the cassette going out. OR like on my friends Saab in the US he had a bad ground from the DI (loose screws and corrosion under them).

Anything with an evap code in my experience is either bad hoses or bad canister.

Also if its throwing O2 sensor codes always fix whats upstream of the O2s BEFORE you replace the O2s, they are just telling you that the gasses arent what the computer expects to see, if your misfiring then you will get a running rich code, if you have intake leaks you will get a lean code etc.

Saabs IIRC use the DI cassette to figure out cam position, if the DI is going out that code will throw, I read this on another post a while back and the guy changed his plugs and all codes disappeared.

I would start with the cheapest and look at the plugs, tell us what they look like, burnt, black, oily, white/grey etc. Plugs are cheap and can fix alot, if not then you have new plugs and maybe a new DI.

·
Registered
287 Posts
all except "po441" is related to the spark plugs and DI Cassette - new plugs and replace the DI and those should stay away once cleared

as for the "po441 evap emission system incorrect purge flow" You may have a small vac leak near the Purge valve or a bad purge valve.
Damn I type too slow ROFLOL but good to see there is a consensus brewing :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my friend (previous owner) said he changed the plugs i was thinking i should change them again and grab a spare DI cassette just incase i heard rumors there was a recall on the DI for the 2002 year

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
There's a once per lifetime recall for the DiCs. Call Saab with your Vin and ask if it was ever serviced. Unfortunately it most likely was, and the DIs die more often than that.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
my friend (previous owner) said he changed the plugs i was thinking i should change them again and grab a spare DI cassette just incase i heard rumors there was a recall on the DI for the 2002 year
Ensure the plugs are the OEM plugs ONLY (NGK series) if they are not the OEM exact plugs - you will destroy the DIC and cause other problems.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im bringin it to the saab dealer in clark summit next friday for new stuff i got the free recall type deal when i called saab so no more misfire when i heard they were doin it for me i felt umms good about it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts