Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The tint looks like limo tint at night 8). Its 20% which i feel is perfect...but i guess the cops dont agree with me :twisted:

New mesh grill and a euro plate to fill those holes....no front plates require in PA...but i bought it in baltimore...and maryland requires front plates.

I strongly recommend Philips Clearvision bulbs....very nice and not too ricey in my opinion

My new OZ Hydra wheels that replaced my bent Viggen wheels. I like the viggen wheels better but they are just too weak and too pricey for me....i put wider rubber on these to lessen the tire spin a bit hopfullly. These were custom drilled to 5x110

Custom gauge pod molded from a mustang pod w/ autometer boost/vacuum and a/f gauges

:).....cant even tell shes dirty....but shes definatly wet. I am gonna wash her this weekend and take some nice clean pictures in the sun hopefully

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Wow - for a 5 door Viggen - that is pretty nice. I like the rims - they look good, even over the OEM ones. Good choice! That car looks real good man - good work!

·
Administrator
668 Posts
NICE CAR!!! WOW I LOVE THOSE VIGGENS!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot....its been real shitty weather all this week and i am hoping to get some pics up as soon as the sun comes out

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice pics man...very nice car. How exactly did you get the rims custom drilled? I've been wondering how to do that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the bolt pattern that the wheels came in were about 5x112 or something along the lines of that so its only 2 mm further from the center of the rim. They filled the holes with metal....i guess what the wheels were made out of...possibly something stronger and drilled holes 110 mm from the center instead. I wasnt sure about doing this but the company i bought them from was very trustworthy and they had a shop do it for about $35 per wheel. The only problem is the stock bolts dont seem long enough with these wheels....and they scratched in the lug holes a bit by drilling in there(u can only notice if u look fairly closely).....also the dealer scratched one of my rims pretty bad already....about 3 weeks after i got them so they are re-embursing me for the wheel and im actually debating whether just to keep the money or buy a new wheel because i think im selling my car to go off to colleege this summer.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
hey WS, I am just curious... I am in the middle of deciding to keep my 2002 SE turbo anniversary edition and mod it like crazy, or pickup a used Viggen instead.... If you really were to sell, how many miles does it have and how much would you want for it? It's Steel grey , right? (in some pics it looks silver)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
hey WS, I am just curious... I am in the middle of deciding to keep my 2002 SE turbo anniversary edition and mod it like crazy, or pickup a used Viggen instead.... If you really were to sell, how many miles does it have and how much would you want for it? It's Steel grey , right? (in some pics it looks silver)
Keep in mind that your 02 SE has the HOT turbo which is the same one the Viggen uses. The only difference would be that the Viggen engine is only .3 liters larger. JFYI.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Thanks, Blaque-out. I thought the Viggen had a different turbo. (I thought it was the same one in the 9000Aero) But, anyways I think I am leaning towards keeping the SE HOT and doing lots of fun mods -that way I can keep the sleeper/stealth look and hopefully not attract tons of speeding tickets. Not like I would go fast anyways :wink:

But the extra .3 L seems to deliver quite a performace increase. my car supposedly puts out 205HP/280 Nm torque while a Viggen suposedly puts out 235 HP/350 Nm torque... and when getting ECU upgrades I think Maptun stage 3 can boost the Viggen to 280 HP/440 Nm!!!!! :shock: Stage 4 is 330HP/450 Nm, something I think would be really pushing the limits of my SE, I want whatever I drive to still be reliable!

I was under the impression that torque is more responsible for the "pin you back in your seat" acceleration feeling than HP, no???

Anyways, I am leaning towards keeping the SE HOT right now, because I am picky and probably would only take a 5 door black on black 2002 Viggen with less than 30K miles, and I need to learn to drive stick first. Probably better to stick with my SE which is an 02 and only has 14K on it right now and tune it to like Maptun stage 4 or something.... besides, I will be able to buy out my lease for much less than a used Viggen with 60 K, which means more mods, and (hopefully) a longer lifespan for my Saab! :D I just hope ECU's are available to automatic cars, too!!! (anyone know this?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts