Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving school early today to get my car checked up on and i was in my sisters 9-3 (my old 9-3) i had taken all the mods off so it was totally stock and a kid leaving school at the same time said my car sounded like a toilet flush... CLEARLY he was talking about the BPV and he was just stupid so I asked if he wanted to race. We went out to the highway and from a roll of about 30 we went off then again from a stop both time i came out on top with a 9-12 car lenth lead... it was a joke, all american cars are jokes. The more i race the more respect i get for saabs.

·
7,595 Posts
his car probably had the 3100. Those engines don't have much power for the car they put it in... the 3400 has much more go power, but is still no power house at 175 HP. They sure cost a lot less than the saab anyways ;) GM is puting out a new 60 degree 3.5 V6 in the malibu. 200 HP. Still not that great, but the 60V6's are getting better. you need to remember that the engine in the car you raced is based on the EXACT block that was in GM cars (used to be 2.8 liters) back to the late 60's early 70's. it's quite a reliable engine known for 200,000+ miles. While they may not be very quick, you can't call then crappy, cause they are not. So long as the lower intake manifold gasket does not blow :roll: you don't have to do anything to those engines but change the oil.

·
10,303 Posts
Chip, if you ever find yourself racing a mid 80s Buick with a "vacuum leak" You may re think that American Cars are Junk statement :wink:

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha thats not an american car.... thats a REAL car... when i say american i mean new american shit cars... no muscle cars. but I would still win :twisted:

·
7,595 Posts
if tweeks is thinking of the car I think he is, highly doubtful that any FWD saab wuld beat it unless 2 of it's plugs were removed. and even then... :lol:

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha... well i dont know... if i end op doing what i want to do with my car it should have over 400HP... so it could move

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha. How fast it would eat them up? I mean i figured it would be faster than normal but not TOO fast.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
let's see - @ 350hp it'd probably be about every 40,000 miles if ya "miss" a few shifts here and there - anyone else things that's about on par? I'm pullin this outta my ass pretty much as my guess.

·
7,595 Posts
the NG-900 tranny is of a similar lay out to the old style getrag that GM put in the cavaler, sunbird, fiero. people have dumped 400+ HP into those reliably, however if not treated gently with that much power, the differental case IS going to blow apart... as long as power application is smooth, and you don't slam shift it, should be good for 100K up around 300-400 HP unless the case blows to bits.

·
Registered
584 Posts
DeLorean said:
if tweeks is thinking of the car I think he is, highly doubtful that any FWD saab wuld beat it unless 2 of it's plugs were removed. and even then... :lol:
I dunno, I've ridden in that car when it was only running on 4 or 5 cylinders and even then it was insane. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts