Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please help. I have a 2000 9-3 with the b205l engine that is completely shot. My problem is that I dont want to get rid of the car and a used b205l engine is 3 times as much as any of the other saab engines. I know that the other motors will fit so why is it that they arent interchangeable? Is it simply a matter of changing the computer to match the replacement engine? I could get a 204r for 1/3 of a 205l. It comes with the turbo included. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am not sure on Saab engine swaps but I would guess you would need to swap transmission too (if its an auto like most US cars LOL) since the computer talks to that as well, but if its a stick then you SHOULD be ok. Best thing to do either take all the wiring from the donor and put in yours or modify yours to accept the donors electronics. I am sure more knowledgeable people should stop by and help with this swap question ;)

·
10,303 Posts
You can get a 2.0 out of a ng900 and build around the block and pistons with your T7 stuff from your 9-3.

Here is a good thread:
http://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42242

I want to say Mike Saunders did something like this and may have some tips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.