Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i kinda have an open window to have access to a running 2.3T 9000 (wrecked) that has a good motor and trans (manual). It was an Aero 9000. Has about 290,000 on the engine. What would be a fair price for the car?

So... what would be a reasonable off on the car? I'd hafta tow it home to part it up, and take what i want then junk the rest.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
if it where my car id try and sell it for 15hun...but either way you could make the $ back....take what you want/need then sell the rest on ebay....dont junk it just yet.....i bet you could get a lot of good stuff sold outa that nice nice.....very nice car.....

too bad it was wreckt.... :cry:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i meant by take what i want.. means anything that is bolted down comes out ;) or snaped in... I would clearly sell many of the parts, but the guy seems to think it's gonna make him over $1000 still.... so we'll see. I offered $500 cause I'd hafta tow it and all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi everybody, this is my first post.

BS42, are you sure it's an Aero? I see no Body kit on it. I assume it's a '92, since it was the only year that in US a CC Aero was avaiable.

If the engine is 290k old, then it might have many things gone wrong. First of all, the '92 are infamous for terrible TCS problems, so I would walk away form it if it had TCS. Remember that installing that engine in your car with your LH2.2 and such could be a problem, you should take all the engine management form the 2.3 to your '87, including TCS, wich would be a real PITA.
Early 2.3 lik that had problems of wearing cam sprokets, if the timing chain is noisy then it's a 500$ job to do soon.
Gearboxes had faults tto those years, they solved them only in '94 I think.

But anyway, 500$ would be a fair price just for the rims (which aren't original of course, they came only after '94 on CS Aeros) and for the seats, if they are in good shape.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello and welcome! Yeah, the guy seems to think he could get $1000+ for it so i have walked. It did have the aero kits, but most of it was destroyed from the looks of things. Thanks tho for your thoughts, I'm just gonna keep my ears open for a 2.3T with trans tho for now. Otherwise when i have the $$ I'll be an 95-98 9000 Aero/CSE in good shape. Or I'll find a nice SPG when the time is right.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Watch the exhaust manifold which is prone to cracking in front end collisions, also check the rear inner axle mount/rear motor mount.
The pictures posted look like it’s not that bad and the motor when back very little……
It would make a great parts car.
I would use the 2.3L motor but ditch the intake and go with a 2.3L NA intake which is bigger, flows better and has been proven to provide more low end torque.
The electronics for that car would be a pain to get to work in a 1987 9000… lots and lots of wiring.
As far as what it’s worth? Depends…..
I bought one for $250.00 that was totaled (1993 Aero) and am looking at another one for $500 that just needs TLC because it sat for three years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts