Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The possibility of me aquiring a '95 9000 CSE with the 2.3 and 200 stock horses is starting to become very real. I'm just dropping in to get some suggestions.

First i was thinking about getting a front sway bar and upgrading to bilsteins and some lowering springs. Then to start beefing up the brakes. I'm more interested in enhancing the suspension and braking before i go for more horses. After i get that done then i'm thinking about a new ECU, full 3" turbo-back exhaust and an intake.

Any thoughts/comments? Should i go for the intake right off? I'm whats known as "POOR" so i'm not thinking in terms of weeks, more like months or years, and i don't actually have the car yet, but i'm too excited to not go ahead with this post.

I do know the passenger seatbelt does not work but the "part" to fix it is included, i'm guessing this is a tensioner? how likely is it that i could replace that myself? And if it's not likely any idea how much it would cost?

I am n00b when it comes to cars in general, but i'm working on it, and any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well screw you guys, i'm going home! :arrow:

:wink:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
The big question is - how many miles - and what's the asking price? Overall Condition? Give more details on the car man. A 9000 CSE is an aero essentially. They are VERY nice cars in and out. Could be tweeked upwards of 300+ HP if you got the dime's. I would suggest beefing up the rear suspension mostly - as the front with GOOD springs and struts stock tends to stick and hold it's own as it is. The rear tends to roll a lot tho, but I'm talking from my experience with my 87 9000T. I've never squeeled a rear wheel yet - tho i've come close ;) She will roll a lot, but the 9000's tend to hold the road well. Unless you plan to exceed 250hp - the stock brakes should be fine with GOOD rotors and pads, but get steel braded lines. These are my suggestions. If you have any other Q's don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always online 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sizzy to the Izaab

Rock!

Ok, I've actually allready bought it and am going to be picking it up sunday. It currently has 61k miles on it and I payed $5000, which even my monkey ass knows is a good deal.

HOWEVER it is a salvage car, _but_ i've spoken with the head mechanic at the dealership that did the repairs, he has told me it is in great mechanical condition. SO i went up for a test drive, drives beautifully, the turbo kicked my ass right back into the immaculate seats. I have all the reciepts for work done which totals over $4000. The actual accident it was in was small, the left front headlight was gone, the left front side panel got banged up. Frame has since been straightened, alignment done, airbags replaced, (ect ect ect) this was actually the dealers daily drver for about a year.

I've verified the milage with carfax, the dealer has given me a 1 year/12k powertrain warrenty, all in all i'm really pleased. Oh, and the interior is muthaf*cking tizight!

I have a slight timing chain concern as there is a rattle, but the only other saabs i can compare it to are my c900 and my dads 9-3, no experience with the 2.3T, and i will be getting it looked at when i bring it home, maybe i can post a sound clip here too.

I was on sasab.com looking at their swaybar kits and they actually have their rear kit as NOT reccommended as it causes more oversteer? Frankly i trust the experience of y'all on here more than their 1 line reccomendations, but if anyone could explain that to me i'd appreciate it.

So basically i should start looking around for some springs, shocks and struts, some braided lines, rotors/pads. What about the sway bar? should i go for the rear one? it's only $175, if it's going to make a significant positive change i would jump on it, but i want to know what the hell sas is talking about..

I lack kiggity-kash but i work hard, and back home i have a good friend that has done everything you can imagine to his 86 9000T. He's rebuilt a 2.0 and a 2.3 for it (he did the rebuilding) plus just about everything except replace the heating coils in the seats. So when i get back home i should be able to get things done a lot more cheaply, but i have a massive itch in my pants about atleast knowing what i SHOULD do. And i could continue, but seriously, this post is f*cking long.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Good job on the buy. That looks like a pretty decent car. All the little things that need to done Im sure you can do without many problems.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
thats a verry nice looking car.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
MMmmm 2.3T :lol: looks hella sweet. Let me get ya a link to the strut bar and rear shock stabilizer bars that would prolly make a huge differance and the prices are def. reasonable - but a tad bit much for me right now.
Strut Brace

Sale Price: $171.00

I would prolly say for the $$ those would make a BIG differance in feel. It's worth a shot anyways. Get GOOD struts and shocks too - don't skimp. KYB's are decent for the $$. You can get a pair of new KYB's off e-bay for about $50 shipped, I did 8)

more 9000 Stuff here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the links, that looks like a good place to blow all the extra money i'll have for the next few years ;)

I'm sure as hell not going to buy any cheap ass stuff for this car, i plan to drive it for at LEAST the next 140k miles, unless i somehow get a good job, at which point i'll probably still be driving it because it's so nice.

I'm also still thinking of replacing the drivetrain in my C900 with a turbo 2.0 and a normal transmission and keeping it around as a turbocharged beater. Something i could take camping, haul firewood in, or just generally wail on. I've got a place to store it for a few months, hopefully when i get back home i can jet back down here to pick it up and drive it back too. I spent most of last summer living in that 900 (well, that's where i slept anyway), ghetto maybe, but just enough room for my short ass :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and i would just like to thank Blaque for making this place possible and everyone else for making it such a great enviroment. It can be really hard to find intelligence on the internet and i'm really greatful there's such a concentration of it here. Also having that intelligence pooled twords a common interest that i TOTALLY dig completly rocks my world.

Shine on you crazy diamonds!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts