Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to put this info out here for anyone considering the change..........

I dyno'd this morning at 403whp and 501wtq..... that's and increase of right about 45whp and 115wtq from December when I was running a 2.0 on gas tune, all else is the same.........JZW did all of my tuning(thanks John!)... and before you ask, I'm not posting my dyno graph, learned my lesson last time, too many opinions as far as what's right and blah blah blah.....my car is tuned exactly the way I'd asked for it, nothing less..... I'll say that the curves follow very closely to the last ones, only up on the scale a bit more!... Very happy with those numbers, I'll also tell you that she makes full boost at 3700rpm and at 4000, she's at 501wtq, peak hp hits at 4700, and still has 325whp and 255wtq at 7k...........

For those that may not know... my engine is..............
2.3 with forged wossner pistons from JZW
upgraded valve spring from GS
80lb injectors
Walbro 255
'small' HX35 with external wastegate
E85 tune by JZW
did I mention 500wtq!!?!!?

oh, and she's for sale... :( pursuing a new toy

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
im bout ready to come down and drive it (or at least ride in it)
im trying to plan a trip to NC within the next month (before my sis moves back home)
hell if i go that far i might as well drive the extra lil to come see the car

ps
i told my friend bout your vert and he wants it, he just has to sell his tiburon first (he has plenty of cash offer right now for his car, he just hasn't followed through with anyone)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im bout ready to come down and drive it (or at least ride in it)
im trying to plan a trip to NC within the next month (before my sis moves back home)
hell if i go that far i might as well drive the extra lil to come see the car

ps
i told my friend bout your vert and he wants it, he just has to sell his tiburon first (he has plenty of cash offer right now for his car, he just hasn't followed through with anyone)
definitely stop by!... I'm about 1.5 hours from Charlotte, and almost 4 hours from Raleigh.......... We have a spare room if you need a place to crash!......

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Congrats on the M3, I love M3's :) supercharge? Turbo?

You should post the graph overlayed on your old one just for the sake of knowledge :p I just love seeing 2.3 vs 2.0 comparisons, i.e. how yours would look against JK's curve. Is it spooling sooner than the 2.0?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll tell you that it makes 20psi at 3400rpm now, on the 2.0/gas it made 20psi at 3900rpm. Max boost is at 3700 now and before it was at 4250.... 10psi comes at 3000rpm now, where it was 3500 before..........

so yes.... it spools about 500rpm sooner...... :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hey Jeremy, just wondering how much torque did you gain at rev limit after switching to E85? Trying to figure out how much I'd be dealing with if I make the switch and just leave my car in KC to eat that stuff. I'm definitely ready to make more power, just wondering how much I can squeeze out of it over what it's currently at..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts