Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the car was originally diagnose with a suspected blown head gasket. So I finally got the car home and tried to jump the Saab battery. However, the car only turned over. It sounded like it wanted to catch a number of times, but nothing. I wanted to start the car to see what exactly it was doing. My observations:
1. Car sounded like it was not getting fuel.
2. I noticed that the coolant reservoir emptied while the car was trying to be started. Afterwards I slowly opened the reservoir and it filled back up.
3.It looks like someone may have used the wrong torx size before on two of the cassette screws because I could not get them out. Any ideas to get them out?

·
Registered
109 Posts
1. Check you DIC to make sure its throwing spark on all 4.
2. I do believe its somewhat normal to have pressure in the coolant because when i checked mine it looked a little low but when i "poped" the top she was normal. (24hrs after running)
3. Good luck on the torx bit. get some bolts on her. (im not sure exact size) Try the famous vice grips on the top if you dont want to do a drill and tap. they shouldnt be too tight.if so i have found that PB Blaster is great, better the wd40 and so on

·
Registered
58 Posts
off the top of my head i think its a torx #6... i could be way wrong cause the last time i changed my DIC was summer of '09 l

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
If you're losing that much coolant that quickly, you would probably see it in the oil or on the plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts