Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With $1500 turbo kit on my SPG , it was too much for C900 transmission. Gear teeth collapsed so I lost 1st gear, I got the car to run nicely with 20psi and water injection, it was fun, strong pull. And I also got a speeding ticket the other day, small chip in the windshield progressed accross the whole glass now.
I think I had enough of this. Considering selling my turbo kit and putting everything back stock and enjoy nice stock SPG.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Then I don't see a point of upgrading your saab. keep it stock if you are living the American dream of constantly paying some type of debt.--Raul
Pictures of the big expensive turbo on the lobster-red engine looked cool while it lasted. ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is because of short spool up time of very efficient turbocharger, too much torq on lower RPM. Before I had big T3 turbo and it had lots of lag and that helped the tranny.
I am the only guy here with GT series garrett turbocharger on the C900. Luke at saabrally blew his trans or engine too.
I know no one here will be able to afford my turbo kit so I just might keep it for any future turbo projects. Maybe next is new generation saab.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
This is because of short spool up time of very efficient turbocharger, too much torq on lower RPM. Before I had big T3 turbo and it had lots of lag and that helped the tranny.
I am the only guy here with GT series garrett turbocharger on the C900. Luke at saabrally blew his trans or engine too.
I know no one here will be able to afford my turbo kit so I just might keep it for any future turbo projects. Maybe next is new generation saab.
That, or its because you rebuilt the tranny ;).

Luke, as far as I know is on his original tranny.

Paul

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Didn't Gary M from Ohio put one on his spg years ago even with a standalone.. ;) He posts under sn GM

I drove the car back from the track at soc.. Was too scared of the 'box to stand on it.. he gave me crap for that. :)

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Didn't Gary M from Ohio put one on his spg years ago even with a standalone.. ;) He posts under sn GM

I drove the car back from the track at soc.. Was too scared of the 'box to stand on it.. he gave me crap for that. :)
i think GM's turbo is bigger. Raul has best on net turbo, apparently.

Paul

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
i think GM's turbo is bigger. Raul has best on net turbo, apparently.

Paul
Gary's is a GT3071

am still building the stand alone plug and play megasquirt for it. I just have to start from second gear and thats no problem. Maybe blow another gear too.
Might as well! If it still works in 2-5 then just keep driving it until another gear drops. Like you said, they do start easy in 2nd...at least with the low ratio primaries that we got in the US market.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts