3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't drive a manual transmission without excruciating pain, so:

Located in Bedford, NH

1999 9-5 wagon
240k miles (yeah)
midnight blue on beige leather
vented Aero seats (not hooked up)

since I've owned it, we replaced the battery, the positive battery cable, tail light lenses, hood release cable, and a bunch of other bits.

the bad:
Liftgate is a little crusty, but not so bad so as to fail NH inspection.
The Gislaveds I'm including with the car have seen better days.
The shifter bushing is dead, but I have the part for you.
The hood release handle needs to be popped back into place.

Pics tomorrow, but it's just your average blue wagon.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You should not be a car sales person my friend.... lol :)

bump for a cheap beater, its hard to find a running 9-5 @ this price point, and the 2.3 is pretty durable. Also Guru is selling it so that alteast doubles the value. I wish it was closer, i'd be really tempted to snatch it up.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
You forgot to mention it runs like a champ and is 1 part SAAB and 2 parts magic.

Wish I wasn't buried under 9 other SAABs. 5 9-5's, 3 need motors and I don't have anything left to give.

If anyone would like to know more, I'd be happy to share all my knowledge of this car. We miss it. It really is magic. Ultimate winter car, so cheap.

Wheels pictured above were no longer on car, has 15" deltas that are STRAIGHT!!!

I know of a 1999 9-5 with 317k. I have service records for this car from 188 to 230~.

So sorry to hear about pain, all the best.

·
Registered
435 Posts
....Damnit....5 spd 9-5's are hard enough to find and you have to post a 5spd wagon for sale when I have no money? Shame on you sir lol. I would jump on this regardless of the distance, but alas no cash. Bump for a sweet ride

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ugh everytime i look at this thread i'm so tempted, i may have to talk to you about this Ali when i have some free time.....

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shame on you sir lol.
Ma'am ;) thanks for the bump.

Do you have some pics? I may be interested....not 100% sure I want to use the Viggen as a winter beater.
NickTurbo900 posted some pics above-- this is his old car and the pictures are of the very same car I'm selling.

Bump for beater car deal! Want a c900 Vert in trade? It's an Auto Turbo....
GAHHHHHHHHHH yes I want it but I wish I had seen this a week ago.

and while the vented seats are not hooked up to vent to A/C, the seat heater elements are and they are nice and toasty (or were 8k ago).
They are most certainly still toasty. Toasty enough to keep my Chipotle order warm on the 25-mile drive home!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I might be interested, but I, and others, need recent photos. What wheels are on it? What's the age of the clutch and tranny? HG ever been done? Oil pan ever dropped?

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MikeD and I are working on a deal at the moment. If it falls through, I will clean it up and take pictures.

Right now the wheels from my 9-3 are on it; it will have 15" Deltas in amazing condition.

I am not sure of the age of the clutch and tranny and unsure if the hg has been done or the oil pan dropped. Those are better questions for Nick. I can tell you that the car runs like a car with half as many miles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts