Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the upper bushings in the trailing arms on my 9-5 and I am trying to gather some info on the job before I waste time finding a place to work on my car.

These bushings appear to be the type that are pressed in. Is this the case?

I am asking because if they are press in that means I have to remove the whole trailing arm and then find a place to press the bushings in for me.

My hopes are these bushings can be hammered out and tapped in without removing the trailing arm but knowing my luck that will not be the case.

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of, which is the small thin bushing at the top of the arm, then that one is pressed in. I read somewhere that it is a little tough to get out so I think you'll need to remove the whole thing. Probably need a press for the job.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Sooooo...which peice is it? I have a press chad. I don't have much spare time until, maybe new year ( :lol: ) but I do have a press and can usually be wrangled into helping with something like this for a few hours during a free weekend.

edit:

point out what I'm looking for on this please...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've a creaking sound form the right rear of my 2004 9-5 AERO with 90K+ miles when I make right hand turns over bumps or under acceleration. Am I looking at bushing and/or shock replacement? What rear shocks is eveyone using on the AERO (Bilstein, Saab OEM???)?

Feff
Shock... maybe do your own thread???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts