Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just started the modification process on my car. Any comments or questions are very welcomed!

Here's what I've done so far:

22 mm anti-sway bar
MBC+A
Bilstein Sport shocks
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Removed turbo silencer

What's next:

Viggen antenna (on the way from Genuine Saab)
boost gauge
port and polish throttle body
CAI (or as close as I can get)
Blow-off valve

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Why don't you start now on the inside of the car? Dash/shifter/doorpulls/stereo

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Are you cutting/make your own cai or you buying from genuine saab or other? It will un you about 115 total if you bur premade. Rims are another option. Cheapwheels.com have some pretty low priced.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. :D

I want to leave the appearance as stock as possible with maybe a few clues that there is more to my car than meets the eye. I will probably do a mesh grille, 17" rims and maybe a 15% window tint. I'd like to try to fit the 2001-2003 9-3 side skirts if possible. other than that, I think that's about it fo rthe exterior.

Interior-wise, the only thing that it really needs IMHO is better bolsters for the seats. How I'd get just those done, I have no real idea. Gotta get some gauges too... I'd like to mount them to the a-pillar, but am looking into other options too.

The cosmetics will come, i just want to have the car be more go than show right now. Later there will be equal amounts of both! :wink:

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
With the A piller for the gauges, I've heard that a silverado gauge holder works well with little bending modification. But ive heard it is a bitch to put fabric cloth over them. There is also talk on the website here of a mass buy of form fitting gauges for saabs in general. Talk to burns side or blaque out. They seem to run this place.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You should also look into getting a SAAB sports exhaust system with the ultra low resonance. It is a good way to make your car sound good, let everyone know you mean business, and adds a few extra horses as well, not to mention gas milage. You should post pictures of your interior too. If you are like me you probably have all this awesome stuff you want to do but not enough money. I thank college for that. I improved my cars performance a little and it still looks stock except for the exhaust in the back. I kind like it cause it tends to be misleading to people. ANyway good luck with the car.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments, Osiris.

Definitely want to do an exhaust, but like you said, it comes down to $$$. Maybe this time next year, or when the muffler goes.

Like to get a 3" downpipe and stainless exhaust with a race cat, but we're talking some seious dough then. Gotta save those pennies!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Amen brother. In fact last night I made a list of everything I want on my car and it comes to a little over 9k. HOORAY. Bit by bit though that is why these people are here. They will tell you what would look good and what not to do. Make use of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts