Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a new Strut Mount from SAAB for my Driver's side strut. I have never touched the suspension on this car and don't really want to pay the garage for 2 hours of work.

For those that have done this, is this a rather simple job?

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah - i figured i would allot a day for this. I am buying the spring compressor at Autozone and (thanks to the above link) a ball join separator.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
You can rent those (you said buy, but you don't have to keep them). Its a good time to replace worn out stuff. If you feel like tackling both sides, you should since the other side is probably in the same condition.

Also, pick up some poly sway bar bushings from www.genuinesaab.com, they are cheap ($13) and you'll be removing the end link anyway.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
You can rent those (you said buy, but you don't have to keep them). Its a good time to replace worn out stuff. If you feel like tackling both sides, you should since the other side is probably in the same condition.

Also, pick up some poly sway bar bushings from www.genuinesaab.com, they are cheap ($13) and you'll be removing the end link anyway.
Too add to this, inspect the endlink. If they are rusty, make sure you have a new one, they break reallllllll easy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EndLink?

Are you talking about the stabilizer link? If so, it's new - so I think I'm good on that part.

I bought the bushings just for the hell of it. The other side is okay. I hit a pot hole (sink hole) at 40 mph and destroy my tire, rim, and the strut mount. This is why I'm doing the work.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Damn, I figured it was easy after watching a friend who is VW mechanic do it on a bunch of those cars. Although a lift and air tools makes it faster, I cant see whats so different about our cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.