Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I sent the guy an email an hour or two ago too. Saaboost, do you have any other pictures or knowledge of the damage? Was it just a low frontal impact below the hood? Is the hood bent?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
damn, would have been a good candidate to give my 9k a t5/newer everything conversion, although i'm picking up a '92 donor car soon anyway.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
I will be parting it out around christmas break, so if anybody wants parts and can wait ill be sellin them pretty cheap. I'm keeping the motor and the turbo.
That seems like a shame, car doesn't look that bad. Wanna trade the car for an already removed B234 and a TD04?

Paul

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not too long ago I boguht a 97 or so 9000cse for 300 bucks (bad turbo and headgasket)...worth every penny for all the parts I got off it, plus I made double my money back selling parts off that I didnt need (interior, panels, etc). I had it basically down to the frame in 3 days of wrenching after work. Totally worth it!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I believe there is some frame damage, so its not just a matter of throwing some parts on and driving it. And theres also all the extra paperwork/expenses to get the vehicle inspected to go from the salvage title to a reconstructed title. Then its not worth as much anymore.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I would fix this car - I'd be willing to buy it for $500 as is and I WOULD fix it and drive it... I talked it over shortly with the future Mrs. - She told me to build it like my current one and she would get my automatic... SO rather then you parting it out and wasting a good 9000 - I'll give $500 and save the car instead if you want. ou are confused - a salvage title means it can be repaired and just inspected by a PA inspection station and it's good to go. I can take care of that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I know what a salvage title is. My dad and I have repaired 4 salvage vehicles in the last 10 years. You probably already know, but not just any inspection station can do it. If youll give 500 without the motor or turbo I will certainly consider it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
well it wouldnt make much sense for me to drive to new york and get the car and then sell it to you for less than i paid for it.

Ill certainly sell the trans if your interested then.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I emailed the guy yesterday, asking if it was sold and he said "no, I haven't received payment yet. What's your offer." I think the owner will sell it to whoever can get there first with the money. I also think he'd like to see the car saved. I think it's a crime to part this car and I have pics the owner sent me if anyone is interested. Burnsside, I'd give the owner a call at 518-813-1476 and see what the sale status is.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts