Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am working on replacing my clutch/slave cylinder in my S10 this weekend... well - GM is a bunch of tools as we know - but aside from the palstic clutch lines and the faulty slave cylinder in my truck - does ANYONE know how to release the plastic line going into the slave through the transmission w/out having a "specialty" tool? I am at a lost and really don't want to break it as the new slave does not come with the white colar it seems i need to depress somehow... anyone familar with these trucks/parts? The whole job seems rather straight FWD and easy aside this one little part - and that is where I am at.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Currently - pondering in Huntingdon Valley.... PA

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK - this and a pole jack - anyone? Anyone local with a pole jack I can borrow? lol I need to order one for the shop it seems....
Slave cylinder disconnect and a pole jack is where I am at.

I figure I can just lower the truck to "ground" level and put a floor jack beneath it to pull it off - but I need that stupid slave line off first. Rather annoying.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK - everyone must be about 12 PBR's in by now - since you aren't on the forum :)

I am going to clean up and head to a parts store on my way home - going to pick up a "HELLS" el-manuel and see if they sell the 'special' tool for the slave.... perhaps they sell a pole jack too. I'll be back down here tomorrow AM for sure - gotta gets dis done!

Anyone near Lansdale, PA tonight around 5PM - I'll be grill'n again - let me know if you want to stop by and I will have food hot for ya :) and the Beer chilled.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Is it similar to a Fuel line quick disconnect? Can you get a pic so i can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was - I got it apart today - trans out - new clutch is in already - cleaned the trans bellhousing up a bit - next up is install the new slave and put the trans back in. I may actually be able to drive my truck home today! lol I would like to fix the starter wiring hack that someone did when they installed the new starter.... it's very um, "engineered" and doesn't start on the first attempt usually as result.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps someone here can be of electrical help... this is what I have;

In this truck I have good wires now from 85 of the relay - "Purple" in my truck to the starter solenoid - there is a splice I will fix someone has at the starter to make it longer, just done poorly. Resistance from the connector of the relay to that wire is .4 OHMS

The fused link wire FROM the power block was eliminated originally by the PO - I have since inspected the 30AMP fuse and it's good so I went ahead and reconnected this to the power block. It has OL Resistance to the black wire at the relay connector of 30. Located the open fault @ the Generator - broken wire - repaired this now. Still same reading of OL ???

87 in my truck IS a Brown wire @ the connector - this goes back to the clutch pedal switch I guess... This I have not checked yet.

88 @ the connector in my truck is RED - this wire seems to go somewhere.... I originally thought to the powerblock - but I have no idea.

That diagram does not seem to correspond very accurately with my truck...:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.