Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad is trying to sell his pickup.

$6,500.00 [located in Minnesota]

1996 Ford F250 Supercab. 142,000 miles. 460. Auto, RWD, power steering, power brakes, power windows, cruise control, tilt steering, custom exhaust, NEW wheels, fiberglass topper, NEW Class III hitch, no hail damage. EXCELLENT condition.

This link has pictures: F250 pictures by yesidrivethesaab - Photobucket

Please contact Greg if interested or if you have any questions (651) 328-3447.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Those are the most un-safe F-series Ford ever built sadly - but from the picture I was able to see before the IE crashed it looked decent. Shame it's not a powerjoke Diesel and 4X4 - I'd of been somewhat interested had it been both of those.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I hate to be a buzzkill, but I think that price is high given that its not diesel or 4x4.

It appears to be in nice condition. I just bought a 2000 F150 and had been looking at prices for over a year (I am in PA, tho) - I just feel like the price is off by a lot.

GLWS - just expressing my $.02

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Yeah that's 4x4 powerstroke money.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The price is high but not far off for this area. GOOD used trucks are expensive now after the cash for clunkers debackle. $1,500 buys you a motor and chassis with a rusty body hanging on it around here.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Possible in this new year I may start looking for a PennDOT 4X4 Diesel if they are out there. I'm sure one can be had for the $1500-$3000 price range and be in similar or better shape as D's acquisition.

As for the $6500 truck here - nice and clean looking it seems, but 1/2 the price would be far more realistic - at least in PA anyways.

·
7,595 Posts
Penndot does not specify their large trucks in 4X4, they only use the dual rear wheeled F350/F550 Diesels with LSD's. You might be able to find a small Ex pendot truck with 4X4 but I have never seen one of the F350/F550 with anything but the Diesel RWD combination.

We just got a new steering stabilizer in the front end and it made a large improvement in the steering feel. Also fixed the rear end clunking (mostly) by installing new rear shocks & tightening up the fiber-body bed bolts which were loose. Also replaced the idler pulley and that took care of the wooshey sound from the belt drive system. Still needs that right front spring, but it drives really nice now, it's a lot quieter and tracks right straight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts