Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As excellent as this car would be for me to hold onto as a parts rig, I just cannot rip it apart myself and send it to the boneyard afterward. it has a lot of sentimental value to me, and I'd prefer to sell it to someone in running / driving condition. Insurance totaled the car out yesterday, and the damage is just something I don't want to deal with fixing. It tweaked the inner quarter panel enough to create a gap between the hatch and quarter, so the elements will be able to get into the hatch. Could it be fixed....of course. I just don't have the time, skills, or desire to.

The only things I want from the car are the load bars / roof rack and sunroof spoiler.

IN HER GLORY...

THE BAD...
Got backed into by a Hummer. Totaled. I hold the title. Rust forming around the windshield, cracked windshield, cracked front & rear Aero bumpers, door handles are finicky, has some kind of vibration on deceleration from the drivers left. Going to pull the CV to make sure the tripod bearing is still good. Tranny will grind from 3rd to 4th when in the throttle hard. The heated seats, and cruise control don't work.

THE GOOD...

Originally a slushbox, converted to 5-speed. 222k-ish miles. As best I know, the engine has never been opened up. Runs EXCELLENT, awesome power, no smoke, no appreciable leaks, no hiccups, no CEL. For 222k miles, its STRONG. VERY nice black Aero interior; drivers seat has one seam about 1" long thats starting to come undone.
Good tight TD04.
Stage 3 ECU, flashed to ignore downstream O2 sensor.
T7 conversion BPC....no more $250 BPC's.
Genuine Saab cold air intake.
Poly motor mounts.
3" Group9 stainless steel exhaust from the turbo back.
Intermediate pipe has a Magnaflow muffler and resonator welded in to quiet things down a little bit. This system was damn near $2,000 new, and is no longer available. The very rear muffler has a small leak from seating 2 flat flanges together where it goes over the rear axle, but I plan on ditching those flanges and welding in a V-band, before the car is sold, which will seal it.
HOT heat, COLD A/C, all windows & locks work as they should.

The car plain old hauls ass, gets 28+mpg all day long, and I wouldn't think twice about jumping and driving across the country. You could fix the damage and drive it for a decade, or you could have one hell of a parts car, CHEAP. Just the exhaust system is worth the price of the car.

$1,000 firm for the car, with the '97 CSE wheels and decent rubber.
$1,500 for the car, and I will include the set of '98 CSE wheels pictured (bad rubber).

Drop me a PM or feel free to call / txt 802-989-6165. The car is in Vermont, but I may be flexible on a road trip to deliver it. Who knows. Try me.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
How's that exhaust look now? How has it held up? Damn you temptress... If you were closer I'd buy this and tow it home and put a bunch-o-parts onto my 95' to improve it even more. I'm jut not up for the haul nor the space to park it to part it out :(

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exhaust is funny...it looks like its been under a car in VT for a few years, but if you spray some WD40 on it, and sting it with a wire brush, the damn thing comes back to a like-new shine. If you were to take it off, and say run it across a benchtop grider with a wire wheel, or buffing stone, it'd shine like a new penny.

High quality stainless FTW.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Nooooooo!! Shit, sorry for your loss :( If I had cash and a little space I'd be all over it. Or at least the exhaust. Good luck man!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Tempting as hell, but too many projects :(

Would be great to fix an DD, although the parts are worth a substantial amount alone. She should go quick!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Does anyone have family out here for Thanksgiving / X-mas and don't have plane tickets yet and want to make a delivery visit?

My Dad still hasn't given me my white Aero back yet, and I need something to tide him over. Having someone who likes SAABs drive it out would make me happier than having you watch it leave on a truck. I'd be willing to work something out if anyone is interested in a road trip.

Drew

·
Registered
3,059 Posts

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Looks like an excellent deal. I'm in a similar boat in not wanting to be the person to tear my similarly (but more severely) damaged Aero to pieces and watch the shell get towed away...but I don't have much of an option since mine was punched hard enough that the left rear wheel won't spin without tearing into the tire :(

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone have family out here for Thanksgiving / X-mas and don't have plane tickets yet and want to make a delivery visit?

My Dad still hasn't given me my white Aero back yet, and I need something to tide him over. Having someone who likes SAABs drive it out would make me happier than having you watch it leave on a truck. I'd be willing to work something out if anyone is interested in a road trip.

Drew
I wouldn't mind watching it leave on a truck, anymore than watching it leave with someone else behind the wheel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts