Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bored, decided to take a few pictures of the car. This car may be familiar to a few of you NE guys.. These were taken the day after a 160 mile drive through a monsoon with a decent digital camera, edited with iPhoto to make up for shitty photo taking skills.

+ an Old one of interior

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eucalyptus Green, you don't see it everyday that is for sure ;)

I agree with the wheels, I can see you are rocking them too :-D One of the better looking wheels on an NG900 or OG9-3.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow love the color and wheels also, car looks real clean, nice
Eh I don't know about "real clean", driver's side fender has a dent and is missing a bit of paint, the hood right by the driver's side fender is peeling clear coat, other minor issues but hey what can you expect with a 15 year old car.

I plan on taking some more photos tonight.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought I would post up a few pictures of the car post lowering. Car is lowered with NG Vogtland/KONI springs up front, and 9-3 Vogtland/KONI springs in the rear. The rear is not lowered as much as I want it to be, but whatever it looks much better than before. Also the pass rear seems to be higher than the driver. Vould be the way it is sitting on the ground, but seems to be like that on all surfaces, will look into it more during spring.

Car also now has Bilstein HD's all round, thanks quattro.

Please ignore how dirtyy the car is, as it has been in the garage the passed few months.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Cut the rears a tad bit :p
Thought I would post up a few pictures of the car post lowering. Car is lowered with NG Vogtland/KONI springs up front, and 9-3 Vogtland/KONI springs in the rear. The rear is not lowered as much as I want it to be, but whatever it looks much better than before. Also the pass rear seems to be higher than the driver. Vould be the way it is sitting on the ground, but seems to be like that on all surfaces, will look into it more during spring.

Car also now has Bilstein HD's all round, thanks quattro.

Please ignore how dirtyy the car is, as it has been in the garage the passed few months.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could cut the rears, but they are brand new 9-3 Koni's, and I might be swapping with Tweek for NG's sometime soon. It could have something to do with the fact that there is no spare in the trunk or parts or anything for that matter. Actually never mind that probably wont drop the car at all.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I could cut the rears, but they are brand new 9-3 Koni's, and I might be swapping with Tweek for NG's sometime soon. It could have something to do with the fact that there is no spare in the trunk or parts or anything for that matter. Actually never mind that probably wont drop the car at all.
How long have you had the new set up? I'd give it time and see what happens. When I got the Koni/Vogtland kit for my car the rear end sat VERY high the first couple of months:

This next shot was taken probably 4 months after and quite a few miles of driving. Hard to tell with the shadows but the rear settled about another half inch and the front probably another quarter:

I had always considered cutting a little off the rears just to get the car to level out but I usually end up stuffing the hatch quite a bit (I know I know) so I'd want to avoid any possible rub issues over bumps, etc.

What spec are your summer tires? Car is looking very good!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
arent the bilstein hd's the ones that are actually slightly longer than stock? or is it the sports?

one of those will usually wind up raising the car some...
Not too sure, didn't research that too much. I have the HD's on my car though.

Cyc, I had the set on for a whole 40 hours before I took the picture, so there is a chance it may settle some. My summer tires are not amazing, in fact they were a rather cheap option at the time, fuzion HRI (HIR whatever the hell it is) 215/17R/45. I have read some reviews that talk down on them, and some that praise them as a great bang for your buck. They actually stick really well, probably as good as my P-Zero Pirellis did to be honest. They only have around 7k on them and still have full tread.

And thanks dude! Our cars are like twins, 900 SET coupes with the same rims, granted your car is still a bit nicer :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.