2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a full list of mods:

ºMP Performance 22mm Rear Sway Bar
ºTaliaferro 2.3L N/A Sport Intake System
ºFour 5" Blue LED Angel Eyes
ºRGM Headlight Brows Style 2 made in England
ºGReddy MX Oval Style Replica Exhaust Muffler with custom installation
ºCustom Cold Air Intake System: 3A Racing Performance Air Intake Filter with clear poly-carbonate tubing
ºNGK Gold Palladium Spark Plugs
ºModa R-1 wheels 17 x 7.5" Viggen Style, with Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 High Performance tires 215/45 ZR 17
ºAbbott Racing Clear Corner Lenses and Side Turn Signals (Yes I actually paid for the real clear corners instead of prying the orange out)
ºJohnson Window Films Vision Plus High Performance Tint 5% back windows, 35% front, 5% Brow
ºCustom tinted rear third brake light for a more stealth look
ºNew 2003 Saab Center Caps
ºYellow Interior Dash Kit from Auto Accessory Store.com
ºChrome Interior Door Handles
ºCustom Painted Interior
ºCustom Designed Viggen Triangle Emblem Decal (slightly bigger) above side turn signals
ºYellow Painted Brake Calipers
ºEngine Dressup/Cleanup
º3A Racing Performance Racing Pedals in Yellow
º3A Racing Performance Chrome Door Sills
º"R" Racing Velocity Series Floormats in Yellow/Black Combo
ºDebadged with Emblem Replacements to New Style
ºBody Color Painted Side Skirts
ºBlazing Blue LED Chrome Windshield Wiper Nozzles (for chrome look)
ºBlue LED for Alarm System on Dash
ºRemoved headlight wipers
ºSaab Turbo Spoiler
ºViggen OEM Roof Antenna
ºSport Gas Door Cover

And now the pics:

Exterior Shots

Interior Shots

Engine Shots

Custom Angel Eyes

Want to see more pictures? Visit http://gallery.gambitdesign.com/robmoul/mysaab

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
lookin good, Rob. Gotta love a balck Saab. :lol: 8)

What kit did you use on those calipers? or is it just high temp paint?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I like those kits, they give you special cleaner and special paint that supposedly resists lots of the brake dust a bit better, but the downside to those is limited color choices, and they are all glossy. If you use regular hihg temp paint you have many more color choices.

I thought I might like a duller finish than the super glossy kits, too.... So i was thinking of high temp paint, but the high temp paints often suggest you take the calipers off and bake them in an oven or something to properly cure the paint. No thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MMMM, what's for dinner honey? Well, we'll start the meal with an appetizer of 9-3 calipers with a fresh lime green enamel dressing, then the main course is sliced brake pads on a rotor platter! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I didn't bake mine and the paint has been on there for about a year and a half now. I just clean them with greased lightning every now and then to remove all the black crap...And I just removed the tires to paint them...Masked off the surrounding area...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
dude, i'm lovin the angel eyes! turned out very very good!

~justin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I have photos of the install, but my damn scanner is broke. I took those photos with my normal cam before I bought the digital...I am waiting for the price of the all-in-one printer HP PSC 1350 to go down. Then I'll get that...

·
Registered
392 Posts
whats that switch with the little blue light for?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Satelite Radio...

Looks very clean....you gotta get an fm modulator kit, those wires are killing your super clean interior.

·
Registered
461 Posts
That car is one of the hottest things I have ever seen. That interior is amazing and the angel eyes are mind blowing. Its nice to show the non-believers out there that a SAAB is not just for old men with lots of money. Once again that car is amazing. Nice work CHap.

·
Registered
461 Posts
One more thing Rob... How much horse power you got going through that puppy? Probably says somewhere but I am lazy so please tell me.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey thanks for the comments Osiris. Always great to see a fan :D

I have never dynoed the car. But since stock is 150 and I really haven't done much engine wise. I would guess 160. But she pulls more than that. Someday I'll get it dynoed. And I also am getting a complete engine rebuild here soon...Clean this puppy up :twisted:

P.S. Those are old engine pics. And old exterior pics. I addded one sort of new one, but I have yellow vacuum lines now, and still working...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Osiris said:
One more thing Rob... How much horse power you got going through that puppy? Probably says somewhere but I am lazy so please tell me.
LOL..yea Rob!!!! Mr. Non Turbo.

Hehe im just kidding.

·
Registered
979 Posts
hows the dash kit working out, does it hold up well and install easy, autio accesory store is having a40$ off dash sale and it might be time to jump at one.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE

UPDATE!

Finally a clear sunny day arrived and I jumped on the moment to get the Saab cleaned up before the winter. Finally took some updated exterior shots and engine shots! Also removed the black-yellow seat covers because the driver's side was ripped...Hoping to just get leather put in someday, or else new seats...Check out the new pictures on the first page of this topic...

http://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforum/viewtopic.php?t=1792&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

NOTE: I just posted a select few, see all of them here http://gallery.gambitdesign.com/robmoul/mysaab

1 - 19 of 19 Posts