Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if your analog clock lights up at night? Anyone with a similar year have a clock that doesn't light up? The last time I took it to a dealer they said they would have to replace the whole SID . . . needless to say that dealer can kiss my ass and I'm never going back there again. When I took it out the last time there appeared to be an area where some sort of bulb could fit but I don't know what. So if any of you have one that lights up could you give me the bulb number somehow, or any other info would be appreciated!

Kyle

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???? Hello . . . . . . ECHO . . . echo . . . echo . . . echo

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
My analog clock lights up at night...yours must suck

:lol:

No seriously, there is a bulb in the clock/sid module according to my haynes manual..let me look for a part number...

EDIT: Ok well it depends on what SID version you have...

SID 1 (without tachometer): Bulb part number: 1.8 W Part NO: 40 87 482
SID 2 (with tachometer): Bulb part number: 1.1 W Part NO: 40 87 417
SID 3 (with tachometer, trip computer): Bulb part number: 1.1 W Part NO: 40 87 417

I know I have SID 2 version cause I have three buttons on my SID display unit (not including two small ones for the clock)...

SID 3 is five buttons (not countring two small ones for clock)...

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot Rob! Now, in that manual, would those part numbers be saab part numbers, or would it be a number for a bulb from a company like Sylvania? I really appreciate you looking that up for me!!

Kyle

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again Rob!

Kyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts