Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1994 Saab c900 Comm Ed Vert Clone - Ebay

I was on EbayMotors.com tonight and came across this Saab c900 in Illinois. It looks fantastic but 1. It's an automatic 2. the price is way too high $7500 3. Something seems fishy because it's red, and it has a Comm Ed woodgrain dash going on and didn't the Comm Ed's only come in black? plus the Comm Ed's had the smoked directionals and this has the 9000 directionals. So it's been put together. The price is insane though, even for a '94 that's in really good condition in my honest opinion anyway.

Check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-900-TURBO-CONV-94-Convertible-Leather-Power-Top-CD-Radio-So-Clean-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f04865435QQitemZ270658851893QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Oh and the other thing I noticed, in one of the pictures you can see it has a standard N/A exhaust end on it, even though it says turbo. So there's something weird about it.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
That's just a '94 'vert with a woodgrain dash. Comm Eds only came in metallic black (not sure of the actual name), had the darker directional wheels with polished edges, black piping around the seats, red apc box, special distributor, etc.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
That's the tarted-up dash. It's lighter than the reddish woodgrain they put in the ComEds. Definitely not anything but a 1994 c900 'vert being sold on Chicago's North Shore.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
The local Indy called me yesturday - some Guy is buying a 1993 c900 Turbo Vert - auto from a used car dealer in NY and had the car dropped off to be looked over.

Red 1993 c900 Vert
Automatic
Wood Grain Dash
SPG Kit
SPG wheels
Tan Interior/Top

Sounds like a nice car - minus the silly trans.

Sounds like a bunch of Dealer options added on - he was thinking it was a Comm. vert - but I had to explain to him a few things which make it not... lol I may swing by later today to see it - sounded nice, but I also think it carried a hefty price tag.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I new they only came in that metalic black, but I didn't know that you could get a wood grain dash except on a Comm Ed. Does anyone else think that this c900 is way over priced @ $7500??

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Yes, I new they only came in that metalic black, but I didn't know that you could get a wood grain dash except on a Comm Ed. Does anyone else think that this c900 is way over priced @ $7500??
Yep, overpriced IMHO.

That dash is probably an aftermarket dash overlay kit. There are plenty of aftermarket dash kits available. The only kit SAAB ever had produced was the walnut burl ones. They came standard on the '93 and '94 Comm Eds, but just like the SPG kit and a slew of other accessories, they could be added to any SAAB by the dealers.

I've also got OEM walnut burl front ashtrays in a couple of my cars. They first showed up in pictures in the sales sheet for the '93 Comm Ed, but were never installed in all the cars. I picked both of mine up on ebay.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
dam those wood dash kits are ugly.........

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can always tell a dealer from the vacuum tracks. :rolleyes:

These detailers act as if they are adding a touch of elegance by putting in vac-art. Note the three groove statement in the .. :cool:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dam those wood dash kits are ugly.........
I like em, if I get a nicer c900, I think I would try to get one installed.

I have seen pics of the walnut ashtrays in c900's. I love em, and would love to get one if I ever get a nicer c900 than my '91 N/A sedan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts