Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if you good folks could shed some light on a cabin air control problem I am experiencing.

My saab 9000 cse 1993 acc, will sometimes only blow cold air (when set on HI – or whatever – or LO), and then at other times (after car restarted) do the opposite, with only hot air blown (regardless of temp setting).

I have reset and run the self test, and a “0” appears on the display, no other numbers (which I believe indicates no faults).

So what could the problem be?

If a fault number showed up I would know where to look.

Is the acc itself faulty?

Do I need to clean a sensor (external or internal)?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
My guess is the mixer flap in the blower housing is stuck. Pull off the false bulkhead cover and make sure the actuator rod isn't bound up, broken, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried - need some more advise if ok..?

Hi - Thanks for your advice. Unable to remove bulkhead as there is a round cable connector that I could not (dare not) remove. Lots of wires going in to it. How do you remove this? I managed to have a look under the bulkhead at the heater vent box but cannot see any rods or cables. Is there a photo on the site of these things? I also noticed that the OD (ambient) temp sensor does not show correct temp unless I have been driving for a while... is this normal? Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
The bulkhead cover is just a piece of plastic that covers the evaporator box, blower, wiper motor, ecu, etc... There are 8 or so 10mm bolts that hold it on. No wires.... The wiring harness passes through the false firewall. All you need to do is pull of the plastic part on the top. Look to the left of the heater core for the actuator arm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts